30 Marlin vs 305 Express

Tunaboyyy

Reaction score
What are the main differeces between these two works of art? My main focus would be on which vessel offers the best set up for off shore fishing. I would enjoy hearing what ever feedback you have regarding these two boats thanks all.

Frank

Reaction score
Here are a couple. The seating setup is different, so that may affect your ride out and back. The Marlin's walkaround permits you to fight the fish around the boat, but the Express will have more interior cabin room.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tunaboyyy said:
What are the main differeces between these two works of art? My main focus would be on which vessel offers the best set up for off shore fishing. I would enjoy hearing what ever feedback you have regarding these two boats thanks all.

If that is your major function, I would get the Marlin. It has much better walk-around, line access etc. The walk around is set down about 10", it is very secure, with good hand rail access. The cabin is still very nice. My wife and two kids (5 & 7) slept on it this weekend, plenty of space to sleep. Get the Genny and AC, so nice!

I was recently considering moving up to a 330, but after seeing the differences, I am sticking with the Marlin and it's more economical fuel burn and walk-around access.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I asked the same question about 2 years ago and got some great replies. You may want to do a search.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The 305 is set up better for family cruising with lots of helm area seating. The tradeoff however is s much smaller cockpit. I much prefer the 300 for fishing due to the layout. They are both great boats so it comes down to you usage and preference.

Grady678

Reaction score
Tunaboyyy said:

Please define offshore and your type of fishing. 70 to reach shelf in my area and I don't use the Walkaround feature on my Marlin outside of 30. Glad to help....just need to hear your direction.