30 Marlin

Sea Hox

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Having a 30 2004 Marlin surveyed in a few days any will be with surveyer when checking out boat.
Visually good shape boat and will be watching moisture closely since already had this issue with 2000 Robalo.
One member stated Green Board treated still used on these boats... arent 2004 and up Grady’s All Wood Free ??

Fishtales

Reaction score
They phased in the no-wood program.

Absolutely Nothing

Reaction score
There is wood in the 2004. I just had a Grady warrantee representative on my 2004 Marlin this week and he stated there is wood in the pulpit. walk around and other areas. By the way, the rep was there for headliner repair and he was great. Did a great job on five small headliner cracks, arrived when he said he would and fully explained the process he was going to complete. The crew of two finished the job in less than a day and a half and were off to their next northeast boat. I am in Mystic, CT.

Absolutely Nothing

Reaction score
I made contact directly through Grady White and they put me on a list. The repair crew that visited my boat travels around the country and into Canada. It took about a year for them to come to Connecticut.
I have not been charged anything. Rep was very knowledgeable about the boat and construction process. He was a former Grady employee that started his own business.

Reactions: Zebulon

Fishtales

Reaction score
If they come and fix GW usually picks it up.

Scott D

Reaction score
I also own a 2004 Grady. Much of the boat uses wood coring above the waterline and in fact the entire hull sides are wood cored. I had the boat surveyed when I bought it 2 years ago and it is very dry. I added a thru Hull fitting for an additional bilge pump and confirmed the wood coring in that area is very dry.

I wouldn’t worry about wood if it surveys well. Foam is not good either if it’s not properly encapsulated.
The Marlin is a comfortable and versatile boat. Good luck.

Ozz043

Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with the wood .... boats are made of it entirely!
As long as it’s sealed here it needs to be there isn’t an issue.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Agree. Many top tier boats use wood. Done right not much is better.