300 Marlin Cockpit Scupper Hose Change

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looking for folks that have a 300 Marlin that changed the drain hoses due to age and risk of failure. Each GW model has its challenges for this, so really looking for Marlin owners.
I'd be putting in the new cockpit drains in the deck, replacing the hose and double clamping on both ends.

My dealer refers customers to a local glass shop. They cut a hole in each side of the hull to do the work and then rebuild the hull sides. Both dealer and glass guy said they have done many this way and when done, it looks perfect. If not, it appears I need to cut out the battery box shelf and either drop down or hang upside down to access both sets of fittings. It doesn't look like a fun job at all.
The starboard side looks worse, would have to crawl aft and squeese in and out. I'm afraid it would be a very difficult job and best find a skinny, flexible, young and adventurous adult to assist.

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
28 Marlin here, my port scupper/drain hose is not accessible. Yamaha mechanic I use says at his shop they cut a round hole in cockpit side above it a close it up with a pie hole cover

Fishtales

Reaction score
That was my plan - 8" hole in that area. Not sure I can reach the drains from there though. I want to change the drains in the cockpit floor and the hoses that go from them to the thru holes.
I'll have to look at it again.