300 marlin house batteries

ltid8732

Reaction score
So, question for all, on my new to me 98 300 marlin, I just replaced my house batteries, 8 yr old thermoking eon agm's, with group 31 agm's differnt brand, who else use agm and how do you like them.

Next I do not have a genny so when running house batteries do you put battery selector on 1 or 2 or do you use all, just wanting to know what seems to work the best, Mainly when used for a day of offshore fishing. I would assume to use all since it is a bank of batteries and would pull from each bank equally, that way when recharging both batteries are getting recharged and used equally.

Thought and opinions greatly appreciated

freddy063

Reaction score
does your house battery have a 1 and 2, I have on or off? what do you run on your house battery? I added a few solar panels on the hardtop to keep a little current input , when just sitting out offshore fishing.

jbrinch88

Reaction score
Does your boat have a separate paralleling battery switch?

I would use each battery individually this way you always have the one reserve battery. I'm asking about the paralleling switch because you can make both house/engine banks common while running the motors, then turn the parallel switch off once the motors are off making house/engine separate again.

ltid8732

Reaction score
yes switch has 1 & 2 and ALL 3way switch, and I do not have the parrelling switches but am going to look into these as that would be ideal for the long runs offshore - back and keeping batteries maintained

jbrinch88

Reaction score
Look into blue seas systems if you're interested in going that route. They sell a few fancy ACR's that connect two banks automatically while running the engines and then isolates them once voltage levels increase or you shut the engines off.