305 Express/300 Marlin props

teaklejr

Reaction score
Just upgrade props on our 2007 305 Express twin Yamaha 250’s from original Yamaha saltwater series 15-1/4x19 to Power Tech OSF4 15-1/4x15 and man what a difference. Boat was sluggish out of the hole and would only get up to 5600 rpm wot, now she jumps out of the hole and wot is right at 6000 rpms. The engines now sound like they are not working as hard across the entire rpm range, even my wife who does not notice things like that commented on how they sounded different. Can now cruise at a little lower rpm with the same speed and a little better fuel economy. Old props did not like to be lower than about 4400 rpm but with the new ones was able to still maintain 25 mph at 4200 rpm and the engines sounded like they were running perfect. Overall could not be happier with the new props. It really feels like a totally different boat with them.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I had similar results swapping props on my Islander with twin Yamaha F150's. Dropped some pitch and went to 4-blade props from PropGods.com. Totally different boat. No loss of top end speed. Significant improvement in mid-range. Able to plane at lower speeds and maintain plaining in varying sea conditions.