305 Express Crusiar AC

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
This weekend while fishing our AC began to no longer blow cold air, it had worked fine for 10hrs or so and then all of a sudden it quit blowing cold air.....when pulling up the diagnosis check screen, it is flashing "HPF" which I think means high pressure freeon...anybody have any ideas what could be my problem?

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had a problem last year with my AC. Turned out I had alot of growth at my thru hull scoop that restricted water flow. Once I cleared the growth(Sea Worms) and did a master reset she ran like new.

Tom-Lisa

Reaction score
Ditto on the low water flow.Mine does that once in a while.Wash out the strainer,quick scrub of the intake and all set.

Tom

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I checked the strainer today and yes it did have a bit of growth on it along with some trash inside of it....could this little bit of growth and trash have caused my problem? Did you guys also get the "hpf" warning code...my boat is on trailer and in my shed, so I can't crank the unit up...i'm hoping I fixed the problem. Thanks again for the responses!

Tom-Lisa

Reaction score
Southern
Yes i did get the "hpf" warning.I will also say that i was expecting to see more in the strainer than there was,basically not a lot,but no issue since.Good luck.

Tom

gerrys

Reaction score
Hopefully, cleaning the strainer cured your issue.

If it happens again with a clean strainer, you may have a coil that is freezing up. One of the programmable features of that AC is a setting that tells the unit to go to heat (defrost) mode on a frequency that you can program in. Check your manual to get the keystrokes to program this feature in.

I had a freezing issue when I left the boat at dock for extended periods (with shore power and ac on). The defrost mode cured it for me.

ocdansar

Reaction score
You can check it on the trailer. I took the end of the flush muff that goes on the water hose cut a round dowel to fit snug under the boat going to the ground and zip tied the water hose to it, make sure the muff seals around the a/c fitting I also flush my generator the same way just be sure on the genny to open the water flow as your cranking it over so as not to push the water into the motor.