305 Express freshwater shower connection

Old Whitehead

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
My 2007 305 has a badly corroded shower line on the port side behind the seat. I am wondering if anyone knows how to get to the supply line connection in order to.replace the shower hose. My guess is that you remove the set of tackle draws. Has anyone changed this hose?

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
You should be able to access it by unscrewing and pulling out the tackle box under the cooler on the port side. How is it corroded? you may just need to replace the sprayer or head.

Old Whitehead

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Thanks tor the response. My sprayer is fine but the stainless steel hose is badly corroded and is broken. I thought the connection might have been in back of tackle shelves but I was looking to see if anyone had occassion to replace theirs.

PDX-Boats

Reaction score
I replaced mine on the 2008 305 Express.
Pretty easy to access once you pull the tackle drawer.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Its interesting that in the older model year 305s that grady used the metal hose. In my 2014, both the transom sprayer and the one on the post side are both just standard black hose material. I have thought about increasing the length of the one on the port side, however between the combination of the 2 I can prey much reach any spot in the cockpit.

Old Whitehead

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
They probably had problems with the stainless hose corroding. Have not found any made of 316 stainless and I am using a regular 304 stainless 118 inch shower hose . Since it is only a $14 item, I will replace as needed.