305 Express Question

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
I recently had some OceanLED Amphibian underwater lights installed on the transom of my 305 Express....after looking at the mounting position I am worried that the installer may not have placed the lights far enough down on the transom. After looking at some pics of when I first got my boat, and looking at the position of them I think it will be pretty close. However the pics I am looking at are of me only in the boat and the boat is empty, no fuel, ice.....etc... How much difference do you think the waterline will be on my boat empty vs. full? Also, if indeed he did not install the lights far enough down on the transom, how hard will it be to patch the small holes if I do end up having to reposition them? There is one 3/8 hole where the wires went in and 4 screw holes that hold the lights on on each side? This is really bothering me........any help guys??

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
Mega I went 2 blue a12's.....if you are talking about the 33 on the oceanled site, my lightd are on the sides of the engines like his, however my installer put them about 3 inches higher than those and I'm worried they won't be low enough? What do you think? How much of a problem will it be to relocate them if they are indeed to high?

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes that is the boat I was referring to. I don't know how hard it would be to move them but make sure the holes are properly sealed. The lower in the water the better from what I read. I am going with the exact sames lights. My cost will be between 1600 and 1700 total.