305 express

Dand1

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Moveing into a 305 express this comeing year. Anyone out there with any opinion on how cofortable this boat stays in 4-6' seas. Thanks in advance for any response.

Pez Vela

Reaction score
Whether you'll be physically comfortable or not, you still have to know what you're doing in order to be safe. Dangers abound for all who venture out to sea, even on calm days. Tragically, the operator of this 30' Grady died when he ran into an island and capsized on a smooth sea, in the fog and darkness, on his way to the grounds. I launched that morning, waited in the bay for the fog to lift, and when it closed in (probably the worst I'd ever seen) I made a captain's decision.

Very sad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6uzFKH2JJI

Dand1

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Thank you for the reply , I have made many decisions to stay at the dock on days that turn out just fine with no regrets. I have several criteria on things I will waiver on. I have everything I can think of on my present boat for safety,satelite phone sirius weather station you name it. Have allways been a searay owner & when I moved to Grady White 4yrs ago I could not believe the difference in comfort & being sea worthy the sea ray is a terrific boat, but not great in rough water in my opinion. My presesent boat a 275 tournament has it all over the 33' sea ray in rough water comfort. But going to the 305 just trying to get opinions on comfort when it gets a little rough. Sorry for being long winded just trying to find out all I can from fellow Grady owners

Grady678

Reaction score
Most Grady models have similar beam to center line ratio. Relatively high beam ratio's compared to Jupiter, Contender, YellowFin, etc... 6' in any 'beamy' Grady.....excluding the 330 and 336 is not a picnic. The Marlin handles 4 footers no problem unless they are quartering seas with tight intervals. Good luck if you are leaning towards getting a 305!