306 Bimini bow rail

Fishtales

Reaction score
Is it one piece or does it come apart? Might be good to take some pics as shipping will be the biggest issue if it can't be knocked down.

allsalt

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Is it one piece or does it come apart? Might be good to take some pics as shipping will be the biggest issue if it can't be knocked down.
The risers come out. Not sure if it comes apart to shorten the length - I didn't look too closely to be honest. Located in central FL for anyone close bye. I will text pics if you send me an email message with your number.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
did you get rid of the bow rail all together, or lower it? id love to see some pics of the boat

allsalt

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
did you get rid of the bow rail all together, or lower it? id love to see some pics of the boat
This is a new to me Grady 306. Even though it is a 2000 it is very original and very well cared for with newer power and low hours. I am removing the bow rail all together, and installing a Rhodan spot lock trolling motor and also Mate series rod/cup holders along the gunnel. I will post some pics upon completion here for you as we progress. I hate to see the bow rail go to waist if someone can use it. It is flawless, just not useful to me for what I am trying to achieve.

Reactions: Ekea

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yea, most of the mid 200s forward were all knock down bow rails. Great for repairs if damaged and shipping - the one piece ones are expensive to ship.
Unfortunately the mounts are the issue to re-bed which likely were installed prior to hull/deck joining.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Yea, most of the mid 200s forward were all knock down bow rails. Great for repairs if damaged and shipping - the one piece ones are expensive to ship.
Unfortunately the mounts are the issue to re-bed which likely were installed prior to hull/deck joining.
yea, they are through bolted on mine with little to no access to the back side. sounds like the typical path forward is to drill it out and let the bottom fall into the hull. that really doesnt sit well with my minor OCD

Fishtales

Reaction score
I don't blame you. Putting holes in a boat always is a scary thing...

allsalt

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I installed 4" round access panels behind the bolsters to unbolt the rail, and to also install the Mate series rod/cup holders and backing plates. The access was an absolute necessity to get this done. Speaker holes were in the right spot to access some of them, but not all. Just took my time and didn't get in a hurry. Rod holders turned out great. Rhodan is next and then I will post some pics.