33 Express 2004 Bomar hatches

RockLobsterBOS

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hello
I had my hatches re-bedded on my new to me 2004 33' Express. During the rain the last few days I still found a few drops or water in the cabin. These are Bomar hatches and need what appears to be new upper seals. Does anyone know what model these hatches are on the 2004 33 Express? No serial number on the frames that I could find. I will send them out to be resealed. I was thinking Hatchmasters in Norwalk, Ct. Unless anyone else has a recommendation

Thanks

IMG_3148.jpgIMG_3152.jpgIMG_3154.jpg

Last edited:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Are you sure the water is coming in through the rubber seal and not still from underneath? Where the latches snugged down to compress the rubber gasket?

If you're having them done for you - they'll know. They look like a standard size.

RockLobsterBOS

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Are you sure the water is coming in through the rubber seal and not still from underneath? Where the latches snugged down to compress the rubber gasket?

If you're having them done for you - they'll know. They look like a standard size.

Thanks .
Hatchmasters is 12 weeks out right now. Anyone know someone that can fix locally in the Pembroke MA area ?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Those are peel-n-stick seals. Contact Boar/Pompanette (or look on their website). If you contact them, you can send them your pic to be sure - but it looks like a standard 20"x20"?

RockLobsterBOS

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Those are peel-n-stick seals. Contact Boar/Pompanette (or look on their website). If you contact them, you can send them your pic to be sure - but it looks like a standard 20"x20"?
Hello. they are not peel and stick. I just looked at them today. They are a u gasket the fits between frame and glass them are glues onto the frame from what I can tell.
the glass is 20 x 20 the frame is 23 x23
Any one else that may have thoughts to the model here?

mg1826

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Wh
Hello
I had my hatches re-bedded on my new to me 2004 33' Express. During the rain the last few days I still found a few drops or water in the cabin. These are Bomar hatches and need what appears to be new upper seals. Does anyone know what model these hatches are on the 2004 33 Express? No serial number on the frames that I could find. I will send them out to be resealed. I was thinking Hatchmasters in Norwalk, Ct. Unless anyone else has a recommendation

Thanks

View attachment 28865View attachment 28866View attachment 28867
What model Bowmar is it? I also have a 330 Express and have to do mine. Defender.com has Bowman low profile hatch gasket material on their website. Did you do yours yourself or have someone do it for you?

RockLobsterBOS

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hello. they are not peel and stick. I just looked at them today. They are a u gasket the fits between frame and glass then are glued onto the frame from what I can tell.

RockLobsterBOS

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Wh

What model Bowmar is it? I also have a 330 Express and have to do mine. Defender.com has Bowman low profile hatch gasket material on their website. Did you do yours yourself or have someone do it for you?
I have no clue and Bomar has not responded to my email or a few calls. They are the low profile I think 120 series or P series equivalent. To have anyone do them it is 12 to 16 weeks wait

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Hello. they are not peel and stick. I just looked at them today. They are a u gasket the fits between frame and glass them are glues onto the frame from what I can tell.
Oh, OK. Gotcha.

Being a standard hatch, try just googling or looking at retail stores - maybe a local retailer or boat store? It wouldn't need to be a Grady store

Edit: Although I would imagine your dealer could tell you the model? Does Bomar have it listed on their site?

Last edited:

RockLobsterBOS

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
For the 2004 Grady White Express there are two low profile hatch models that were used. For my hull the BOMAR part number GW provided is N1086-10PX.Bomar replied saying there are two different gaskets for the two different hatch models. The models are based on the last alpha chars of the product part number PX or P. Hatches with PX have a 1/4" lens thickness and require the P2000-25 gasket. Hatches with the 3/8" lens thickness use P2000-09.( P2000-25 used with 1/4" lens) OR (P2000-09 used with 3/8" lens).
Bomar suggests you measure the lens thickness if there are no serial number present on the hatch as it is in my case. You can measure by micrometer or by removing one of the dog handles and using a tape measure. Please make note ordering from Bomar requires a lead time is 3 to 4 weeks. 8% surcharge at the time of shipment. $100 merchandise order minimum. NO RETURNS based on price per foot custom cut. They actually suggested that I call West Marine a dealer of theirs to avoid the extra charges. Most vendors are one to two weeks out and carry the gasket in 5 and 10 foot lengths. Pricing varies anywhere from 8 to 12 dollars per foot. Bomar suggests 7' minimum for these hatches as the lens size is approx. 20" x 20".

Reactions: mg1826

mikec101

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Wh

Hi,
I have a 2005 express, went through the same deal with the leaking, i re sealed the frame with 4200 and gaskets and that did the trick, i was getting water under the frame NOT the gasket. and i got the gaskets from Bomar

RockLobsterBOS

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hi,

I have a 2005 express, went through the same deal with the leaking, i re sealed the frame with 4200 and gaskets and that did the trick, i was getting water under the frame NOT the gasket. and i got the gaskets from Bomar
thanks for the update. I had the hatches resealed first. But third party Bomar wants to much and the 8% surcharge. Well, not sure why