33 Express new owner questions

gilpri

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hi All

I'm a new 33 express owner with a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know the correct Marinco windshield wiper size ? - it looks like mine is a 20" blade but that looks kind of short. Can I fit a 22" blade?
2. Can someone explain why I can't run with the gen (Fischer Panda Diesel) seacock open and the generator off? The manual says it might flood the exhaust manifold - how can that be if the gen is fresh water cooled via heat exchanger?

Thanks in advance - Gil

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The gen is fresh water cooled but it is still a wet exhaust. So in theory water can be forced up the seacock into the muffler, and this could fill up and eventually work its way back through the exhaust manifold into a cylinder.

No idea how real this risk is but there are a number of warnings about it so I've chosen not to find out the expensive way. (that said, the boat I bought used had a generator installed for a year and the previous owner had no idea how to shut off the seacock)

As for your wiper - would probably help to mention your year, as there were 3 different windshields on the 330 as far as I know...

gilpri

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks for the quick reply Flot.

I guess the running gen makes enough exhaust pressure to keep the cooling water from backing into the engine...I'll heed the warning.

Boat is an 06 with a single wiper. The 20" wiper looks wimpy. I was wondering if the previous owner put on the wrong size.

gilpri

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks for the reply..I'll go with 22 and see how it works.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
FWIW, while I always try to remember to keep my genny seacock closed when not in use, I've forgotten several times and run at speed for hours without any ill effects.

Dew36

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks for the reply..I'll go with 22 and see how it works.
Hi Gil- How did the 22" fit? Looking to replace my 20" and would like to get a little more of the windshield cleared. Thanks in advance for your reply!

gilpri

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Yes. the 22" fit well and covered a good sweep.
My only complaint is not the blade length but the wash jets, they spray out parallel to the windshield and hit the adjacent areas, not the sweep area.
If I fiddle with the wash knob and try to just get a slight dribble the water does somewhat hit the blade area but it's really a pain. Wish there was a deck mounted spray rather then the one on the wiper arm.

Dew36

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Yes. the 22" fit well and covered a good sweep.
My only complaint is not the blade length but the wash jets, they spray out parallel to the windshield and hit the adjacent areas, not the sweep area.
If I fiddle with the wash knob and try to just get a slight dribble the water does somewhat hit the blade area but it's really a pain. Wish there was a deck mounted spray rather then the one on the wiper arm.
Great to hear the 22" works well. My wash jets work OK but agree that a separate jet would work better- BTW, I'm not a fan of the knob control either! Thanks again for the info and happy boating!