33 Express Pop Up Electronics Enclosure

gradynorm

Reaction score
Just bought a 2005 33 Express and it has a C80 Raymarine as well as radio and autopilot mounted in the pop up enclosure at helm. Years ago had a 2006 with E120 and E80 so I could see more screens and info. My question is since the console now has the cuts has anyone purchased a new pop up console and know the price or ideas on replacing.

I have thought to cut out the perimeter and mount new electronics to a plate and then mount the plate but concerned on the look and the tolerance stack up and not closing.

Ideas welcome

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I purchased a 2002 330 in Nov 2011 - it came with Furuno vintage 2002. I had the electronics removed and then had the console removed. I was going to mount two Garmin 5212's so I had a local fiberglass guy fill in and gelcoat everything but the two cutouts for the 5212's. I don't think there is any reason to buy a new console - my boat was in rural Florida panhandle so cost was quite reasonable don't know what you can expect to pay and I am on the boat in FL Keys, I can look up cost when I get home if you want a comparison.

JJ2468

Reaction score
I have a 2006 that had the old Furuno also. I did not glass in had a local starboard expert make so plates that covered the old holes and look like they are part of the two Garmin 7212

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,772

gradynorm

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Jip40, would be interested in the price just so U have a range going in.

Those Garmin's came out great. Blends right in. What thickness starboard? Obviously it does not interfere with the console travel.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
personally, i would go the bezel route. you can also use some thin acrylic. there are lighter colors if that is what you want. good luck, ron

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Gradynorm

Here is a photo of the 5212's that were glassed in. I'll be back home late next week & will try to find how much I paid.

I can't figure out how to reduce the size of the photo - it is in iPhoto if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

If you right click on it and open in a new tab it looks better

Attachments

• IMG_1542 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_1542 - Version 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,714

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Gradynorm

I can't figure out how to reduce the size of the photo - it is in iPhoto if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

If you right click on it and open in a new tab it looks better

One way... If you are using Windows based computer (Apple may have a similar program):

1."Right Click" on file, choose "Open With", choose "Paint"
2. Click "Resize".
3. Default options should be - "Percentage" & "Maintain Aspect Ratio"
4. Change "Horizontal" to 25 (my usual choice), "Vertical" will automatically change to match.
%. "File Save" or "File Save As" to replace original.
6. Upload to Great Grady...

Hope this helps.

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Gradynorm

I found the invoice for removing, glassing in & installing the 5212 in my console. The total bill was $230

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Wow, that is a GREAT price. I will be replacing some older Furuno equipment and want to move the VHF and AP control head off the helm on my 330. However, I am making the changes in waves so just bought a 1/4" of white acrylic off Amazon for a temporary job.