33 EXPRESS "SALLY ANN"

tony-sally

Reaction score
Stonewall said:
Tony-sally,

Tell me more about this steering knob. I have an Edson knob installed on my 33 and I'll be damned if I can keep it tight. Since the steering wheel rail seems to be oval and not round, I can't seem to get a good bite on it and it continually coming loose. Did you replace the entire steering wheel? That was my next option, because I love the knob.

Let me know. Thanks
014_12A.JPG
stonewall. go to EDSONMARINE.com on line catagule pages 4-9 16in. pro series power wheel with power knob with comford grip. I bought this wheel back in jan.2004 befor they were in retail stores from edson.I don't know where you could go to look at one.but I know if you do see one you'll buy it. tony 33grady

Reactions: Willy-C

Stonewall

Reaction score
Thanks Tony. I thought it was the whole wheel but from the posts I took it as just the knob. Looks real nice. Did the wheel fit right on the steering shaft or were there modifications you need to do?

Thanks Much!

Dennis

greyg8r

Reaction score
Stonewall said:
Tony-sally,

Tell me more about this steering knob. I have an Edson knob installed on my 33 and I'll be damned if I can keep it tight. Since the steering wheel rail seems to be oval and not round, I can't seem to get a good bite on it and it continually coming loose. Did you replace the entire steering wheel? That was my next option, because I love the knob.

Let me know. Thanks

There are two clips that you choose from to attach to the wheel. The larger seemed fine but never tightened. The smaller one seemed way too tight but works great on my wheel. If the dealer installed the knob, I would ask him to check this out. If you installed it, use the smaller clip instead.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks, Tony.That's gonna be my winter project.

2005 300 Marlin w/F250's

tony-sally

Reaction score
Stonewall said:
Thanks Tony. I thought it was the whole wheel but from the posts I took it as just the knob. Looks real nice. Did the wheel fit right on the steering shaft or were there modifications you need to do?

Thanks Much!

Dennis
Dennis the edson wheel kit comes with everything you need to install job is less than 1/2 hour.I used a small gear puller rather than useing a hammar to tap the grady wheel off I think less chance of damage to shaft and tilting process TONY 33 grady [SALLY-ANN]

tony-sally

Reaction score
Pancake teaser reels

THese teaser reels work out really fine I"am able to troll 8 lines when i use the double pulls on the center rigger and add 2 teasers and thats a big spread. I understand grady now offers the lay-down bars for the 24 ft outriggers I had LEE OUTRIGGERS custom make me hold down clamps. IT doesn"t make much sense to be able to lower the rigger and not be able to hold it in place.showing in pictures #6-7.the boat showing is my boat with the dark curtains TONY

tony-sally

Reaction score
water leak in 33

sorry I thought my photos showed the new wind-shield washer valve i installed tony

tony-sally

Reaction score
THE YFT WERE CAUGHT ON THE CHUNK THEY WERE FROM 80-100 LB THE BIG EYE WAS CAUGHT ON THE TROLL IN LATE AFTERNOON
IMG_00152.JPG