33 express with custom helm seating

tony-sally

Reaction score
need some info from anyone who owns or has owned a 33 with the custom pomenette platium seating.I own a 33 year 2003 and I would
like to install this seating on my boat.just would like some feed back on quality,locking devices,and overall sturdyness.the original ladder
back chair that I have just doesn't seem to lock right and the backrest doesn't feel like it has enough support.all info would help

thanks in advance Tony

HMBJack

Reaction score
I have a 2006 330 with the top of the line seat. It is very well made, sturdy, highly ajustable and heavy.
A fiend of mine has a 2002 (or 3?) 330 with the base helm chair. The seat post on the base helm is less in diameter than the higher end helm so a new pedestal may be in order for you if you go that route. Godd luck!

tony-sally

Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
I had a 2007 and the seat was very sturdy but i really don't know if that was the custom seating you are talking about.

the seating I'am talking about is the one that comes with the larger pedestall about 3-4 inches in dia. and comes power coated with the grady color on the new 33's its the opitional platium seating

tony

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
tony-sally said:
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
I had a 2007 and the seat was very sturdy but i really don't know if that was the custom seating you are talking about.

the seating I'am talking about is the one that comes with the larger pedestall about 3-4 inches in dia. and comes power coated with the grady color on the new 33's its the opitional platium seating

tony

Then,no, that's not what i had, but i was very happy with mine. If is the one i am thinking is(comes in the new 330's) then that seat would wider than the stock and maybe difficult to pass through to go to the cabin. I had remove the drop down arm rests from mine to give access.