330 express amp

Jordan01

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Anyone know where I can find the stereo amp on a 2012 330 express? I’d like to remove the factory fusion set up and replace with new head unit, amp, and speakers. Currently there’s an old iPod receiver in the cabin above the tv. But I can seem to figure out where all the speaker wires run to.

rjriordan

Reaction score
I was told that on my 2019 that the amp is behind the microwave, although I have not verified that.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I can't tell you where your amp is, but I might be interested in buying your old head unit if its in good working condition. What model is it? My head unit works, but the screen on mine just blanked out making adjustments difficult. Thanks.

HMBJack

Reaction score
My amp is located behind the panel on the PORT side in the aft bunk area.
Take your flashlight, remove the 4 screws and I'll bet it's right there mounted horizontally.

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Not to make a dumb comment, but are you sure you have an amp?

If you look at the back of your main fusion unit, you either have speaker wire connections coming out of it, or RCA wire connections coming out of it... If there are RCA cables you can track them to the amp, if it's the factory speaker wires, they're going into a harness.

I found plenty of room behind the microwave when I mounted an amp. But under sink, behind fridge, or in the port aft cabin side would also work and be an easy run for RCA cable outputs from your head unit.

It is unlikely (but not impossible) that someone would have gone to the trouble of using the speaker-outs as inputs for an amp and hacking up the harness... my guess is your fusion head unit is powering the factory speakers directly though the factory wiring harness that terminates in the top cabinet above the fridge.

Last edited:

HMBJack

Reaction score
No Dumb Questions here...

No two amps and no two Installers are the same I guess.
Yes, I am very sure I have an Amp (600 watt, 3 Channel, Class D by JL Audio).
It's a big one that throws a decent amount of heat. On my system, it will physically hurt your ears if dialed up.

But my 330 was built in 2006. In the newer 330's like yours, the Amp, and location chosen by the Installer, may be very different.

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Yes, I am very sure I have an Amp (600 watt, 3 Channel, Class D by JL Audio).

But my 330 was built in 2006. In the newer 330's like yours, the Amp, and location chosen by the Installer, may be very different.

Sorry, to be clear, I was replying to the OP who was questioning the location of his amplifier - I suspect he doesn't have one.

Also, if it was factory installed equipment, the wiring diagrams provided by Grady are pretty comprehensive and detail out components and locations well. And the 330s are remarkably similar year to year - Grady simply didn't change that much on the boat over 20 years of production. I haven't double checked, but the early boats didn't have factory-installed separate amplifiers, and I suspect later ones didn't either.

Reactions: HMBJack

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My ‘06 330 didn’t have one. I switched out the old unit for Fusion and right now only have 4 speakers. May add one if I put 2 speakers in the cockpit/stern.