330 Express Boat Stands

mg1826

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
This is my first year with a 330 Express and I need to start looking at boat stands for winter storage.
Looking for recommendations of what size and how many I should use. I’m obviously assuming 4 but wanted to see if anyone uses 6.
I’ll cut up some railroad ties or PT blocks as well.
Appreciate the help!

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Funny you post this, I have a 330 and have kept it at a marina for years but I have a lot nearby and plan to put it there. Gonna need stands and railroad ties also! Mine usually had blocks under bottom back and behind bow thruster and then 4 or 6 stands. Not even sure where you buy them!

Attachments

• 11923EA8-B4C0-4891-B472-3B264E368CA1.jpeg
    11923EA8-B4C0-4891-B472-3B264E368CA1.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: mg1826

seasick

Reaction score
Cribbing can be 6 x 6 PT lumber or similar. Stands can be ordered online but shipping can be expensive. Many marine stores will have or order them. That may cost more initially but if they ship to store you shouldn't have to pay shipping.
The size and type of stands depend on a few factors, mainly how tall they need to be and where they will be used on the hull. I think the Brownell web site can offer advice on selection. It is advisable and often critical to install chain between opposing boat stands to make sure they stay in place and don't spread should the hull be subject to side to side forces. Adding chain with locks also reduces theft:(

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
A few years ago for my 265, I got the blue painted Brownell #2 s for the stern at West Marine because I needed them asap. When I bought my taller front two (MBS-1) from scaffoldmart they were cheaper than West Marine even with shipping AND they are galvanized. They had to be shipped Hold for Pickup at a UPS store.
Dunno if the price has changed.

I'm guessing the same heights would work for the 330. Maybe just use 4 of the MBS1 (33" - 50") Depends on how high you block the keel.

I use cement block and wood for the keel at the stern(2 rows of 2) and bow (3 rows of 2). Maybe add a center keel like the picture above since its a longer boat

I don't use chain. The stands sit directly under the flat chines. All weight on it is downward (like it was a stack of blocks)
They do sit on 2'x4' pieces of 3/4" plywood

They are great. You can lower them two at a time for painting and you can crank them to raise the boat off the blocks for painting.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Mine gets blocked and put on stands at my yacht club
6 stands
front 2 are angled
they block the keel with 12" big blocks in 3 places
i could measure the stands if you need me to
They always chain the front 2 together
if the storage area is dirt or stone we put plywood squares under the stands and some times the stand goes thru them over the winter

pjin064

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I used 6 stands, plus the block. I bought the stands from Brownell Boat Stands in Mattapoisett in MA. They are knowledgeable as to what to use, providing them with the boat info.

Reactions: grady33 and mg1826

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I used 6 stands, plus the block. I bought the stands from Brownell Boat Stands in Mattapoisett in MA. They are knowledgeable as to what to use, providing them with the boat info.
Thanks for the replies and information. I’ll reach out.