330 Express Bow Thruster zinc?

daneagle2809

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My diver asked me today if my bow thruster was supposed to have a zinc and I had to admit that I did not know. And while we are on the subject of zincs how many total are there on the 330 and often are folks changing them here in South Florida (Tampa) when the boats are kept in-water year round. Thanks !

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
On my 305 there is a zinc for the Thruster. Check your paperwork/manual for a part number. I ordered mine from boatzincs

Fishtales

Reaction score
The zinc is held by the center bolt that holds the propeller on. I need to replace it every year as it corrodes quickly. I've seen missing propeller blades on some boats because the anode is not changed.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Mine is a Side Power SP55. The aluminum anode part number is SM71190A. I believe the previous part number was SM51180A. I get it from Boatzincs.com as well.

As for others, depends on the motors. Best to look up your model. There usually are two large external ones (one a strap near the engine mount point, one a square or circular near the prop) and a few internal zincs that should be changed as well.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Vetus zincs are under the prop (remove it) and screwed into the transmission housing. Prop is plastic. Check to see what thruster is installed. Most likely a Side Power though.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The zinc is held by the center bolt that holds the propeller on. I need to replace it every year as it corrodes quickly. I've seen missing propeller blades on some boats because the anode is not changed.

Exactly! I replace mine before launching every year!