330 Express cockpit deck drains

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have an 2001, I was able to do the starboard side myself along with new thru hulls. I have not done the starboard side yet. Probably put in an access plate. Then I would be able to access it.
I did add hot and cold shower to the Transom, thats very nice to have .View recent photos.png.jpeg

Reactions: Jtravis

Jtravis

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have an 2001, I was able to do the starboard side myself along with new thru hulls. I have not done the starboard side yet. Probably put in an access plate. Then I would be able to access it.
I did add hot and cold shower to the Transom, thats very nice to have .View attachment 25978
That is s sharp looking install. If you have the chance would you be able to give more info on how you did it? Thanks in advance!

georgemjr

Reaction score
I am looking at a shower with mixing valve to get any temp I want. My hot is too hot without cold being mixed in. As far as inspection ports, I would love to know/see if anyone has done them on the vertical, as I would prefer mine there if it makes the job possible. (even if more difficult) since I can't imagine having to do it more than once between now and either my death or the sale of my boat.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I used Scandvik products because thats what Grady uses, When I do an upgrade I try to make it look original. I opened up the panel in the aft cabin on the Starboard side. All I did was tee into a hot water line and a cold one(barbed plastic tees and clamps), ran the hoses to the transom and behind the generator, up and above the batteries is where I mounted the mixing valve and the shower wand.
Links for both below
It is great to have it there, we stay on a ball in Block Island and we all shower out there, not to make a mess inside.

Reactions: Jtravis

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the access plate my marina added on the starboard side to do the drain. There's one in exactly the same place on the port side. I think this is a great spot for this.

Attachments

• IMG_8971 Large.jpeg
    IMG_8971 Large.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 28

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I just did mine on my 2002 a couple months ago. People said they could get in through an access plate on the inside of the transom wing. I put an 8" pie plate there and I could just barely brush the inside of the thru-hull fittings with my fingertips. So now I have a pie plate that goes nowhere. The room behind there to the outside hull is also pretty limited - a couple inches - I'm not sure that shower box would have the depth to fit.

I was about to get the boat painted, so I went through the outside of the hull, which is the way my local GW dealer said they'd do it. I cut a 10" x 12" hole and replaced all 3 through hulls (generator and drains) hoses and deck fittings. That made for a very easy job but was nerve wracking to say the least. Everything came out excellent when it was all done.

The next best thing :) would probably be to cut out a portion of the swim step. Maybe you could do an 8" access plate, you could definitely do one of those big rectangular hatches if you didn't mind the hump there. Or you could cut a large access hole in the step and glass it back in - making the nonskid look good after will be the challenge. A buddy suggested that if you went this route you could glass it back in and then do seadek or similar to hide less-than-perfect glasswork. That is actually a pretty good idea.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It's possible that my guys also had some special tools available... they're a huge marina and even make their own downeaster boat...

georgemjr

Reaction score
I used Scandvik products because thats what Grady uses, When I do an upgrade I try to make it look original. I opened up the panel in the aft cabin on the Starboard side. All I did was tee into a hot water line and a cold one(barbed plastic tees and clamps), ran the hoses to the transom and behind the generator, up and above the batteries is where I mounted the mixing valve and the shower wand.
Links for both below
It is great to have it there, we stay on a ball in Block Island and we all shower out there, not to make a mess inside.

I didn't realize one was a mixer and the other, the shower head (I thought it was 2 shower heads). That is a nice set up and one I will likely copy. Did you have enough with the drop in box just in front of that? How much depth do they take up? I would prefer to keep by ladder/transom door.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I don't know how deep they are, but they don't interfere with the drop in box.
I could measure them this weekend