330 Express Custom Gauge Panel.

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Well… it’s not a gauge panel anymore

I made a replacement gauge panel for my ‘04 330 express. The original was tired and recently became empty after repowering. I bought a 12”x48” sheet of black acrylic for $35.00. I’m not sure where I got the chrome GW emblem

my friend and I cut it with an oscillating tool but a jigsaw with a fine blade would have worked. The finishing touch was sanding the cut edge. The original plan was to add cubbies on either side but now that it’s in I like the clean look. I’m also changing the mounting screws.

Attachments

• IMG_3190.jpeg
    IMG_3190.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3392.jpeg
    IMG_3392.jpeg
    675 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3390.jpeg
    IMG_3390.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3391.jpeg
    IMG_3391.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Looks good, and I'm not a fan of shiny acrylic. I'll likely be facing the same issue in near future, so paying attention to my options for this space. Thanks for sharing.

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Looks good, and I'm not a fan of shiny acrylic. I'll likely be facing the same issue in near future, so paying attention to my options for this space. Thanks for sharing.
I like the way it looks...but I'm worried about maintaining this. I had considered starboard for a flat finish. It may come to that if this one is blinding me for some reason. Just completed it yesterday so i haven't used the boat yet.

To anyone with an earlier 330 express: this opening is very forgiving. it's recessed so your edges of anything custom don't need to be absolutely perfect.

Reactions: Chutch and kirk a

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
you can get ABS sheet in a variety of patterns and finishes. Probably better for that application.
Its easier to work with than acrylic. It won't crack at holes.

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
you can get ABS sheet in a variety of patterns and finishes. Probably better for that application.
Its easier to work with than acrylic. It won't crack at holes.
Funny you mention that. I ordered this sheet off Amazon and went back and checked my order. I don't know if this makes a difference but this stuff is black plexiglass... sorry for the confusion. Potato PotAto? I don't know plastics lol

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
:oops:oh, its even more confusing. There is acrylic(plexiglass), polycarbonate(Lexan), ABS, HDPE(Starboard), LDPE, PVC.....
omg make the voices stop! yes...very confusing.:oops:. Well... it's black shiny stuff and I cut it with an oscillating tool, then cleaned up/shaped the edge with sandpaper.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Looks good! The only problem with it being shiny, that I see, is that you know have to keep the rest of the boat just as shiny. :)

If you want to knock down the shine a bit... see if you can find a clear spray paint (get one that can be used on plastic... HD and Lowes has it... Rustoleum/Krylone/etc) in a semi-gloss or matte finish. Try it on a scrap piece. Or maybe a black paint in the finish you want... or even a different color?