330 express list to port

choogenboom

Reaction score
Any 330 Express owners have a problem with a slight list to port, especially if the main fuel tank is below 50%? List is both at anchor and while planing. I can get the boat level while at anchor with my full weight on the startboard gunwall.

chris

choogenboom

Reaction score
Good point. I suspect with the livewell full (300+ pounds) the diesel tank full (100 lbs) and the holding tank full (80 lbs) I would be asking why there was a list to starboard. If they were all half full it would likley ride level. I guess thats in part what trim tabs are for.

no restrictions

Reaction score
same is happening with me. slightly to port at rest but not on plane.

This saves me a weekend of chasing that issue.

thanks

capeboter

Reaction score
I know I'm a little behind here but I had the same thing. I couldn't stand a list on a brand new boat. The problem is the batteries all in one spot. The dealer moved one battery towards the starboard side, almost centerline and that took care of the list.

tony-sally

Reaction score
list to port

capeboter said:
I know I'm a little behind here but I had the same thing. I couldn't stand a list on a brand new boat. The problem is the batteries all in one spot. The dealer moved one battery towards the starboard side, almost centerline and that took care of the list.

were did they mount the battery to offset the list? shure would like to see a photo if you have one I was getting ready to add some weight in the form of lead to the starboard side any info would be helpfull.

thanks in advance Tony

tony-sally

Reaction score
list to port

capeboter said:

were did they mount the battery to offset the list? shure would like to see a photo if you have one I was getting ready to add some weight in the form of lead to the starboard side any info would be helpfull.

thanks in advance Tony

capeboter

Reaction score
Tony,
The boat is in inside storage. I'll be down there in the next few days and get a pic for you of the new battery location.

tony-sally

Reaction score
List to port

Thanks Mike I'll be looking forward
To the pics of the new battery location

Thanks in advance. Tony

capeboter

Reaction score
just wanted to let you guys know I haven't forgotten to get a picture for you. I've been crazy busy at work and with a major snowstorm this past weekend I haven't been able to get to the boat. Soon I hope!

tony-sally

Reaction score
list to port

• Mike

Thanks I hear ya no hurry have a nice Christmas and watch that SNOW

THANKS AGAIN TONY "Sally Ann"

Capt. Ed

Reaction score
List

I had the same problem on my 30 Marlin. If everthing is where it's supposed to be from the factory, it's simply a matter of too much figerglass from the factory on one side. Grady paid to have ballast (lead) installed on the high side. This took care of it and only added about 100 lbs of weight.

capeboter

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long for the pictures. One battery was moved from the cluster of 4 (picture 1) to right behind the generator (picture 2). The specs from Grady allow for a list of 1/2 inch I believe. Moving mine was the first and, so far only, request that my dealer has dealt with.

th_GetAttatchmentaspx-1.jpg

th_GetAttatchmentaspx.jpg