330 express with 300 Mercury four strokes

ocdansar

Reaction score
Well I’m giving up on the wait for my 300 yamaha’s. I’m seriously considering the new 300 Mercury V-8. Anybody repower there express with these motors ? Interested in the results. Thanks for any input.

HMBJack

Reaction score
I have not but I think the 300 V8 Mercs are an excellent choice.
Made in USA and easy to work on (per my Mechanic).
I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Reactions: ocdansar

GradyGuy3420

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
ocdansar: Can I ask what ‘the wait’ is? I assume pandemic-related lead time issues? How long are they estimating?

ocdansar

Reaction score
Yes because my dealer changed the date numerous times. Glad I’m not a Yamaha dealer. The Mercury 300’s were quoted same money as Yamaha. Problem is the 5 grand in rigging and props I have to buy. Already spent a couple of grand updating all my Yamaha rigging. Oh well it’s only money. Hopefully I can sell all the Yamaha stuff I have.

Lucky13

Reaction score
check out the zuk 300's with dual prop they would be a killer match for the 330 and the white they use matches the grady color.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Lewis R on this forum re-powered his Sailfish with 250 V8 Mercs, he is very happy with them.

Last edited:

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
All I've heard is positive out of those Mercs. They would be my number 1 choice right now, if I was ready to repower.

Reactions: Copro

ocdansar

Reaction score
Well I had a boat builder reach out to me . They had a pair of the Mercury 300 four strokes in stock they were willing to sell me. They are dts and they are selling me the rigging also. Hopefully picking them up end of this week or first of next. I’m really excited to get these motors. The V-8 mercs are what I really wanted. I feel like I got a good deal also. After 7 months I there mayb light at the end of the tunnel or should I say water. Can’t wait to splash this boat.