330 express

RaRa

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thinking of getting a 330. What issues do peoples have? Under power? Wet cores?

stripedo

Reaction score
I have an '03 that I repowered with twin F300's last year. I know, I know...it's only rated for 500 HP, but it's the perfect package. I love it. No wet core here. I've completely refitted the whole thing. She's a battle wagon. Don't hesitate. I had 225's prior. I used them for 5 years and they were fine, but if I did it again, I wouldn't go 225's. Too much of a stigma with the exhaust corrosion and reputation for being underpowered. Hurts the resale. But if you find one with the issues, you might be able to get it on the cheap and repower. Good luck!

HMBJack

Reaction score
I've owned my 2006 330 for 9 years. No issues whatsoever except maybe me not using it enough (lol)!

Seriously, I agree with the above remark on repowers. While my F250's perform great, more HP is always welcome. I think the F300's are the perfect set-up for these boats. When I re-power someday, I'll go that route.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I also have an '03, repowered with Yamaha 4.2L F250 offshores (same motor as the F300 but with a different ECU). The motors have great torque and pop the boat right up on plane. I've even dragged a tube around off a cleat and the kids had a total blast...

Max HP pretty much only matters at WOT --insufficient torque (which mainly comes down to displacement) is the thing that makes a boat feel underpowered.

Reactions: Jargon

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The boat is great, except in a following sea. The yaw with the typical following chop in the gulf is a pain. The yaw can be mitigated some with trim, but it seems more of a problem than others I have experience with. Otherwise a heavy and great seaworthy boat.

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.themikehyde.com
We have a 2009 with the 350's. Perfect setup. Survey found core was all good. Biggest complaint from wife is storage in the cabin, and the small frig when we do extended trips. We did a 30 mile head on run Saturday (4-5'), no problem at all. I would never have attempted it in our 280 Sundancer.