330 Fresh Water problem?

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. I’ve been the Shurflo Marine Rep for 31 years and I own a 330. Ive sold Grady their pumps since 1990. Obviously a strainer is an absolute requirement. In past years Grady used our Blaster pumps for everything. Hence the accumulator on the freshwater side. Now we make an Aqua King II that has a mechanical bypass built in to it. It delivers the required amount of water to the faucet or shower and recycles the rest of the pumped water back thru head. All the while maintaining 45psi. They still use the Pro Blaster on the washdown Side. You do not need the accumulator with the Aqua King II On the freshwater side. It should be removed. Both pumps should have our 50 mesh strainer screwed directly onto the inlet side of the pump.
Letme know if you have any questions.

Kudos to the original pump that lasted ~18 years! I don't know how much it was used, but that is still great longevity!

I installed the Shurflo 4148-153-E785 Aqua King II Premium 4.0 pump but kept the accumulator tank in-line. You mention it's not needed, will keeping it in-line damage or otherwise hurt the pump? "Easy" enough to remove it, but would rather avoid the gymnastics in that small space if I can.

Thanks!

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Kudos to the original pump that lasted ~18 years! I don't know how much it was used, but that is still great longevity!

I installed the Shurflo 4148-153-E785 Aqua King II Premium 4.0 pump but kept the accumulator tank in-line. You mention it's not needed, will keeping it in-line damage or otherwise hurt the pump? "Easy" enough to remove it, but would rather avoid the gymnastics in that small space if I can.

Thanks!
The bypass in the pump does not function as designed with the accumulator in place. You can just let the air out of it on the valve stem. Just like you would on a bicycle tire. That deactivates it.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
The bypass in the pump does not function as designed with the accumulator in place. You can just let the air out of it on the valve stem. Just like you would on a bicycle tire. That deactivates it.

Added removal of the tank to my to-do list, thank you!

GWBrooklyn

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hey Fam!
I’m about to embark on a journey that y’all have done already. I looked at the manual to try and to locate where the freshwater pump would be and I can’t. I have did a quick google search and couldn’t find anything.
Can someone please help me? What needs to be removed to access the FW pump?

thanks

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Aft cabin port side panel needs to be removed and you'll see the raw and fresh water pumps, along with the trim tab system.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hey Fam!
I’m about to embark on a journey that y’all have done already. I looked at the manual to try and to locate where the freshwater pump would be and I can’t. I have did a quick google search and couldn’t find anything.
Can someone please help me? What needs to be removed to access the FW pump?

thanks
There’s a small removable panel down in the berth on the port side. You can easily change the pump working thru that hole. I’m the Shurflo pump rep. My original pumps were still working after 8 years, but I put our new pumps in. I used the Shurflo Aqua King standard 3.0gpm for fresh water and the Blaster 3.5gpm for the washdown.
Defender has good prices.

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
There’s a small removable panel down in the berth on the port side. You can easily change the pump working thru that hole. I’m the Shurflo pump rep. My original pumps were still working after 8 years, but I put our new pumps in. I used the Shurflo Aqua King standard 3.0gpm for fresh water and the Blaster 3.5gpm for the washdown.
Defender has good prices.

My $0.02 I wouldn't bother with the access hatch unless you're out on the water - that whole side panel comes off with the 8-10 screws around the perimeter and you'll have full access to that cavity. The pumps are mounted on a piece of half inch or so plywood that's glassed into the side, so you can screw directly into it but don't be stupid, be sure to compare to the size of the screws and the total penetration depth of whatever you remove. :)

The port side panel is super easy to remove/replace, the starboard side (hiding the holding tank) on mine is a bear trying to wedge it back in and get the screws to grab..

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My $0.02 I wouldn't bother with the access hatch unless you're out on the water - that whole side panel comes off with the 8-10 screws around the perimeter and you'll have full access to that cavity. The pumps are mounted on a piece of half inch or so plywood that's glassed into the side, so you can screw directly into it but don't be stupid, be sure to compare to the size of the screws and the total penetration depth of whatever you remove. :)

The port side panel is super easy to remove/replace, the starboard side (hiding the holding tank) on mine is a bear trying to wedge it back in and get the screws to grab..

To each his own. I’ve replaced both pumps, and then replaced the washdown pump a second time to go with a Pro Blaster 4.0. I also changed the tiny diameter hose that a Grady had running from the pump to the washdown hose To 3/4” hose. All thru the small access panel. But I’ve been working full time with boats for 43 years. Wehave lots of tricks In our tool box. Shurflo has never changed the foot print, breaker size or inlet and outlet. That keeps it real easy.

Capn Ron

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
how to replace fresh water line on gulfstream 232

Last edited: