330 question from the Admiral

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hello all-
Been a lurker here for about a year. We are seriously considering either a 330 or the stamas 320. For my wife it is all about the cockpit and the cabin. I want outboards and a quality fishing boat.

Our price point likely puts us in the position of a 02-05 330 GW Express, since stamas did not have outboard 320's then.

Anyway, the wifes question is about comfort. (Not your average query here i know) :)

Who has slept in the 330 V-Birth? How is it? Can two actually sleep there with some level of comfort? Is the stock mattress ok?

Is the Marlin and 330 even comprable with respect to 'living' space?

How about the 330 aft cabin, is that mainly for kids or can adults manage it? (We have a 3 and a 5 year old).

Thank-you in advance.

Don

gulfcart

Reaction score
I have a '08 330 express.. My wife and I travel on it almost every week. X mas weekend almost 300 miles and 4 days on the boat. The v berth is excellent for room and comfort. The aft berth is actually quite large and comfortable. We have had guests travel with us and had no complaints.
I can't compare to the Marlin but have had a 32' express(pro Line. I especially like not having to break down the dinette to make up the V berth.

It's great for fishing also. (of course)

We're very happy with the galley ammenities. Wife loves it. And of course the ride is excellent. Helm is tight but plenty of seating.

steve

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
I've had the Marlin and the 330.....330 is a lot larger and more comfortable......When we had the Marlin we would sleep our two older boys (10 & 15 at the time) in the aft berth and it was close quarters for them. Our youngest would sleep with us on the V-berth and it was tight as well....We made it ...But after a few days it got old. On the 330 my two boys slept comfortably in the aft berth and my youngest slept where the dinette is (Good only for small children).....However, we could cruise for 6 days with no problems. On overnight canyon runs I've had plenty of adults in the aft cabin comfortably and my wife and I slept there once as well......You'll be plenty comfortable with the 330. There are quite a few around right now...My dealer has 3 used 330's and I think they're about to take another on trade....you should have no problem finding one....good luck...Awesome boat....And, before all of the space shuttle pilots chime in....The 330 goes just fine with twin 225's.....

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
capt armchair, i bought one last year and we (5) are very happy.Admiral and me sleeps on the v-birth, daughter on the dinnete area two boys in the aft cabin with enough room to play their x-box too.What i like about is that(somebody mentioned it)i dont have to break the dinnete table in order to sleep five(daughter sleeps also on the v-birth with us.As far as fishing space, pletty to spare.The aft cabin(if not mistaking) is 4 feet wide, enought to sleep two average size guys too, as long as they like each other.We love this boat, and is not underpowered with 225's or 250's.
Good luck and "get the grady". :wink: :wink: :wink:
My dealer also has plenty of pre-owned in stock.

jehines3

Reaction score
My marlin aft cabin is plenty big but not very high at all. On a rainy day my wife, daughter and I made a fort back there and watched a few movies. I'm 6'-0" and I can easily lay back there. If my rods are stored forget it, there is not enough height. It was fun and plenty roomy, but you roll out on the floor pretty much. I would figure that the express would treat you much better although I've never been on one.

I would say this go for the grady. We looked at plenty of stamas boats before buying the grady. They are comprable, but resale is better on the grady IMO. Stamas has built quite a reputation with the avid fishing crowd and I thought made a fine boat, but not many out there of any one model. Their new price reflects low volume not necessarily higher development cost or quality. jh

Eberen

Reaction score
330 question

i had the 2006 330. i spent many an hour in the aft cabin both to and fro the canyons, GREAT!!! looked forward to it.
the V forward was also fantastic for the rides out for guests, and overnighters in the canyons (for tired fisherman).
ed beren