330s or other walkarounds with painted hulls - let's see your pics!

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I was contemplating painting my hull also just out of curiosity if you don't mind sharing how much did the paint job cost? My boat stays on a trailer so if I were to paint it I would paint the whole thing.

This is one of those difficult questions that nobody likes answering. I've had two 30' boats painted, and ballpark paid $5-7k for hullsides alone. Both jobs came out excellent, both shops were experienced at spraying awlcraft but were ironically both body shops that had branched out to boat work. This wasn't the yacht yard with the 50' spray booth, pretty sure they would have charged triple that.

The only thing I'll say is that in my experience paint is less durable than gel, but maintenance was much much better. I would do chine to rubrail for durability on a trailer boat. Sold my last dark blue painted boat after 6 years and it still looked almost new with minimal maintenance.

southernstyle995

Reaction score
This is one of those difficult questions that nobody likes answering. I've had two 30' boats painted, and ballpark paid $5-7k for hullsides alone. Both jobs came out excellent, both shops were experienced at spraying awlcraft but were ironically both body shops that had branched out to boat work. This wasn't the yacht yard with the 50' spray booth, pretty sure they would have charged triple that.

The only thing I'll say is that in my experience paint is less durable than gel, but maintenance was much much better. I would do chine to rubrail for durability on a trailer boat. Sold my last dark blue painted boat after 6 years and it still looked almost new with minimal maintenance.
Cool thanks for sharing.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I didn't think that was right. Beautiful color. "Light Blue". My concern is it being too light. I'm caught in the middle here. "Sky Blue" is a color I'm working now. Not as dark as "Stars & Stripes". AwlGrip will make a custom color but it's overkill for my million dollar Grady!

I ordered some paint today. Going to see how it looks. Went with "Bright Sides Off-White" for topside, hardtop and aluminum frame. Slight GW brown tint - not that harsh white. Also "Sky Blue" for hull and under hardtop.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

"Sky Blue"
View attachment 26045
Current thinking is this Bahama Boat Works blue if I can cross the gelcoat color to AwlGrip. First boat is two-tone. The second boat could be AwlCraft 2000 F5302.
Bahama Boats Blue.jpeg Bahama Boats  F5304.jpeg

Last edited: