335 vs 325 Freedom

eric03tx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking at buying in South Florida and am interested in both the 335 and 325 dual consoles. My main concern is ease of use between the two, especially docking. I am also concerned the 335 might be too large to fit into some slips at restaurants and other places that the 325 may be able to slip into? While I realize the 335 is a larger boat, is there a big difference in operating the two?

tellch00

Reaction score
What size boat do you have now? I have a 235 and have been looking at something in the 30-33 ft range. that's a pretty big difference. not sure how different the 32 and 33 will be. are you looking to dock by yourself? looking at helmmaster or some type of automated "help"?

On a side note if you're looking at that size you owe it to yourself to check out the Southport DC33. Friend of mine bought one last year and it is gorgeous. basically a custom built boat. It's not cheap though. IF if get another boat that's the one for me.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i don't have either, but there is actually a big difference between the 2 (for one, dry weight is 50% larger). take a look at the GW site and do a compare.

i would guess close quarters handling with a thruster would be very similar for the 2. unless conditions were absolutely garbage, i didn't have any issues with my 330.

good luck, ron

Reactions: eric03tx

eric03tx

Reaction score
What size boat do you have now? I have a 235 and have been looking at something in the 30-33 ft range. that's a pretty big difference. not sure how different the 32 and 33 will be. are you looking to dock by yourself? looking at helmmaster or some type of automated "help"?

On a side note if you're looking at that size you owe it to yourself to check out the Southport DC33. Friend of mine bought one last year and it is gorgeous. basically a custom built boat. It's not cheap though. IF if get another boat that's the one for me.

27 foot Jupiter center console. Would be docking by myself probably 50% of the time, and will definitely look to use a helmmaster.

That Southport is a beautiful boat!

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
FWIW - moved up to a 330 from a 23 Mako, and find it a lot easier to maneuver in close spaces with the twins and thruster. Especially true once you have the lines set up properly.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking at buying in South Florida and am interested in both the 335 and 325 dual consoles. My main concern is ease of use between the two, especially docking. I am also concerned the 335 might be too large to fit into some slips at restaurants and other places that the 325 may be able to slip into? While I realize the 335 is a larger boat, is there a big difference in operating the two?

Everything you state is correct. One is a mid and one is a larger size boat. No big difference in operating, but one will feel more like a yacht and one like a boat. Really depends on how you plan to use. That being said, you'll have equal fun on both and you'll spend more on the larger, so if you have a jing go big, bang the dock and make your own restaraunt slips!

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
27 foot Jupiter center console. Would be docking by myself probably 50% of the time, and will definitely look to use a helmmaster.

That Southport is a beautiful boat!

i single handed my 330. i think you'll handle either one once you get used to it. ron