36 Express Check List

KentE

Reaction score
I just bought a 06 36 express and would like to put together a checklist for readiness before leaving the dock. Has anyone created one? Kent

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Are in a slip? If yes, what i do is i first turn on my batteries and all the circuit brakers i usually have on, then start the motors and let them run for 5-10 minutes, while doing that, i open all my hatches to check for water in the bildge and also if any gas fumes(i know, i should check for fumes before start the motors, but they outboards anyway), then i open my raw water seacock and the livewell seacock(s) if planning on using it, then disconnect the shore power and switch the breaker to generator power, then start generator, radio check(not that often thought, i have two radios and two antennas), turn on electronics, get the throw cushing out and on the seats, untie the boat, go for 2-3 minutes in the 5 MPH zone, ten LETS GO FISHING.

P.S, i turn my radio on and start the day with Metallica Nothing Else Matters song :D :D :D

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats on a very nice boat.

Personally, I would spend a weekend with manual and familiarize myself with all systems. I would then get used to the feel while close to the dock before venturing offshore. I went through this process with Megabytes 1 and 2 (272 and 300). I also learned, setup, and customized all the electronics. They were reasonably close from the installer so step 1 and step 3 are the priorities (in that order).