36 Express

Leebert

Reaction score
Grady79 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6tbABRT1sA

There is no way I would trailer that boat...

Beautiful boat.

LB

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There's no bottom paint, they trailer for every trip? Is it me or was the trailer getting a bow in it?

Leebert

Reaction score
Grog said:
There's no bottom paint, they trailer for every trip? Is it me or was the trailer getting a bow in it?

I thought I noticed that too. I loved the scraping sound when backing down the ramp.

LB

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Definately not the right trailer for that boat. Look where it sits, how far from the winch. You could tell it was going to bottom out as soon as it went over the edge of the ramp. Glad it's not my trailer, sorry it's not my boat!!!!!!!!!

richie rich

Reaction score
LOL, that was awesome...do you need a special permit to trailer that thing? Its wider than a tractor trailer. Awesome boat though.

Hoghunter

Reaction score
Certainly not the trailer for that boat. The biggest thing I noticed was they had no safety chain on the bow eye just the strap. Things happen and that's not very smart.

Obviously they just wanted to get the boat in the water at all costs. Don't know why the boat isn't bottom painted. But I will say this, if they trailer it much there will be something happen the way they're doing things.

I think it was someone who just borrowed a trailer to get their new boat in the water.

richie rich

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen plenty of boats without bottom paint....in reality, if your boat never sits in the water, fresh or salt, you don't need to bottom paint it. Bottom paint only keeps alge and slime and barnacles from growing on it....doesn't protect against moisture and alike whatsoever......If you go to Florida you'll see plenty of boats on lifts or racks which keep them out of the water when not in use and most, if not all, have no bottom paint....the rest of the boaters who have to keep the boat in the water all the time need the paint. I still don't know how they trailer it.....that boat weighs over 15,000lbs plus the trailer (2500?) and its about 14 feet wide? I would think you'd need a wide load permit for transport no? I'm waiting to see that trailer snap in half...it was deflecting pretty good!

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
That's a lot of boat for a lift, I guess it's doable but it better be one stout lift.

FL seems to be a little forgiving but anything over 8 1/2' is oversize and I think at around 10 1/2' there's more rules.

richie rich

Reaction score
yeah, I don't know about that weight either, but you'd be surprised at some of the boats you'd see like that....