36 Grady twin 350's

FBender

Reaction score
Looking for real world numbers on fuel consumption with a full canyon load/run, day troll, approx gallons burned from actual owners, thanks.

LongTimeLoafer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
FBender said:
Looking for real world numbers on fuel consumption with a full canyon load/run, day troll, approx gallons burned from actual owners, thanks.

Virtually impossible to improve on 0.7 MPG at cruising speed. Trolling depends on seas -- maybe up to 1.2 MPG.

Hope this helps!

johnhdz

Reaction score
I have a 2008 36' Express and in my experience after approx 200hrs of use I seem to be averaging around .7 mpg when I cruise at a speed of around 30-32 mph. Hope this helps.

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
i have an 07 with triple 250's. i get .8 +/- all the time at cruising speed. boat weighs in around 21000lbs on the travel lift and was not full of fuel. what is interesting I find is that when i run the boat with little fuel, my consumption is the same as when it loaded. i figured the twin 350's would be better fuel. maybe those new 300hp with a 19pitch prop would help. i know that in 09 i used just a little over 1600 gallons at 2.90/gallon or 4500+ in cost,. 90hrs on the engines. I have not totaled this year up yet. i try to measure my fuel usage in annual cost, and just compare it to going on a cruise, or fancy trip. now those guys reading this with the single engines, are having a cow on the cost to run this boat. But, we all have our entertainment $.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
It's all relative. When I tell my land-based friends about my 1.8-2.0 MPG on my twin engine Gulfstream with twin 200's, they stare in disbelief.

Compared to a Toyota, it's pretty scary. Compared to a 60-ft. Cruiser it's reasonable.