360 -330 owners - missing water in the bilge?

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We have had an extremely wet winter, like 20+ inches of rain the last couple of months when we usually get 4-5 in.

I noticed recently that I had water collecting on my bow when I washed the boat, did some tests and found that somehow or other I had tilted the boat in the lift so that water was not flowing aft and off the hull, quite a bit of it was was able to stay forward and was actually flowing into the anchor locker drain.

I immediately reset the boat in the lift, but I can not find the extra water that has to have come inside; the aft bilge is bone dry; the mid-bilge, under the mid-berth, where the sea cocks are, is bone dry.

The port locker in the cockpit was swamped, at least a gallon of water in there, but I think that was caulking around the outside lip that had cracked a bit. I re-did that to seal it off.

Where is the water that I know has come into the boats bilge? Its not like the water was just pumped out, I mean the bilges I can access are bone dry. What am I missing?

I must have put at least a few gallons in the bilge the day I found all this, but everything I see is bone dry. Nothing I have seen / heard is pumping out.

Ideas?

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
pop an access plate on the transom deck. i think you'll solve the mystery. ron

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
are you referring to one on the deck next to the engines, or elsewhere? I have been "down in the hold", ie, next to the seacocks and generator, but its bone dry. not even a cup of water next to where the hull plug comes in. thats why I am at a loss as to where the water is going, hopefully, outside somewhere, but I just want to be sure there is no low spot in the hull I am missing. Thanks for the help

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
sel1005 said:
are you referring to one on the deck next to the engines, or elsewhere? I have been "down in the hold", ie, next to the seacocks and generator, but its bone dry. not even a cup of water next to where the hull plug comes in. thats why I am at a loss as to where the water is going, hopefully, outside somewhere, but I just want to be sure there is no low spot in the hull I am missing. Thanks for the help

yup, way back. do you have the garboard plug out? if so, it's drained. ron