360-330 Owners - non-skid waxes?

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Want to see want you are using for the "walking surfaces" on you boats; cockpits, in front of the windshield, bow, etc.

I have been using Aurora Sure Step, Woody Wax seems possible, what do you use?

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
thanks everyone, but now my really DUMB question:

do I wax first, put the regular wax I use on and then add Woody, or just compound and take the oxidation off and Woody replaces the regular wax treatment to protect the gel and finish?

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think it is going to be pretty slick for a walking surface if you use a regular wax. Nice thing about Woody Wax is that you can still walk there without falling on your *&%...

The Woody Wax directions are to clean the surfaces thoroughly, then leave damp, apply a few squirts of Woody Wax to a soft bristle brush and rub it all down. Dry with a soft towel and rinse off. I imagine you could compound first as part of the "clean thoroughly" step. (This from memory - possibly not exactly right, but close...)

I would be interested in other's opinions, but I would vote against using "regular" wax first.

seasick

Reaction score
Woody here also. Follow the directions precisely.
Note that during the application, the surface will be really slippery. After it dries it is fine and doesn't get slippery when wet.