360 Express w/ trip F250

mattttt25

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Looking at the 360, years 2005-2008, with trip F250 Yamahas. Would like to hear owners' input, real world experience on speeds and fuel burn, and any significant changes to the boat over those years. Thanks in advance-

Shortround

Reaction score
This past fall we purchased a new 07 leftover 360. Late March we put her over and have about 20 hrs under our belt. I was expecting the boat to be a little sluggish with the triple 250's based on comments others have made but I have found that so far they provide ample power. Of course the triple 300's and 350's will be much quicker but at this point I am very satisfied with the get up and go with this set up. The boat will hit just over 40mph however I would not recommend this speed as it will smoke your gas card!!. We have run with full fuel, most seasonal gear, all curtains installed and 4-6 people aboard and the best we have gotten is .9mpg at approx. 27mph, 4200rpm's and 29-30gph. Up the rpm's and we are getting closer to .8 but running over 30. We just painted the bottom and have not had much run time since so we will shall see.
The teleflex controls will allow you with a press of a button to sync all three engines and run them with just the port throttle which is great not having to bump one or the other up and down to keep them close. Manuverability in close quarters is good - use the bow thruster and it gets better. With the 2 outside engines being so far apart spinning the boat is pretty easy.
Our boat has heat/air at the helm. I believe 07 was the first year that they installed a second unit in the 360's. It was nice running our boat in a tee shirt in 40 degree weather! I am interested to know if the AC will be just as effective come summer.
This is an extremly nice rig with all the comforts of home. We are happy with it.

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
The 360 with the trip 250's is plenty of power. Figure you will average .8 MPG at almost any normal cruising speed. I get .8 MPG from 29 MPH - 33 MPG running from 4400 - 4800 RPM's. I typically run the boat at 4600 - 4700 as I like to take it easy on the motors. This gets me 31 - 32 MPH in average seas. PLenty of speed and get up and go for a 36' express. If you get serious about looking at one PM me as I am likely going to put it up for sale soon and it is a low hours boat. Good Luck!