360 Open Props

Cold Blooded

Reaction score
Hey Guys
New to the Grady White world and I had a couple questions. I recently landed a captain position on a 360 Open and I had some concerns with the props. In the past I have always seen boats with triple engines usually have 3 blade props on the port and starboard engines and have a 4 blade on the center engine. Is anyone currently running this set up? The boat is outfitted with F250s. The reason I even questioned this was because if while on a plane and cruising the center engine turns much higher RPMs than the two outside engines. When I sync the engines the center engine does not act up as bad but still tends to want to run harder than the other two. I feel like it gets a lot of cavitation and I think this is normal and that adding the 4 blade may make it bite harder The props are not in that good of condition and need to be either reconditioned or replaced. I checked all 3 props and they are the same pitch. Any advice would be appreciated and if anyone needs anymore info please let me know. Btw I love the way this boat handles and rides. I now know why Grady Whites have such a following.
Thanks in advance.

Grandpapat

Reaction score
I know two other guys with 2007 GW360 like mine and we all have triple F250s with three bladed wheels. My center motor runs about 150 rpm under the other two while cruising on manual throttles. I never use the synch function as the throttles seem to not respond properly sometimes when I take it back out of synch mode. At least one of my buddies has the same problem with synch. Would be interested in comments from others on this since we are repowering with 300s in a week or two and thinking about what props to run.

pablor

Reaction score
I never use the synch as the center engine seems to capitate in syNch mode. I have triple f250 3 blades.

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
sync all the time- best way to run the boat in my estimation. EZ! mine is an 07, so maybe they fixed any issues? triple 250s also. The center engine does seem to cavitate, but settles in over time. I tend to tuck the center in 1 bar, and it helps. I changed my props last year to 4 blades what an improvement- better fuel economy, and in a following sea, the butt just stays put in the water. better hole shot, just terrific. good luck.