360 transom cooler

Grandpapat

Reaction score
I want to mount two rod holders to our 360 transom near the centerline. I saw a recent post of this done by mounting rod holders on top of a 330 transom cooler box, but I don't want them in the way if fighting from the chair directly aft. How thick is the aft wall of the transom cooler box on a 360 and how far away from the inner wall is the wall of the cooler insulated box? And how easy is it too pull the cooler box? I am wondering if I can screw them into the transom or thru-bolt them.

Shortround

Reaction score
We installed 6 rod holders along the transom of our 360. The holders were welded along an aluminum pipe with 3 mounting areas which was thru bolted. It required someone with long thin arms to reach up from the bilge area(next to generator) to hold the nuts and washers while someone else screwed the bolt in. One side was reached via the pull out compartment on the port side. The others were from the bilge area. We tried to remove the vent for the generator for access(next to transom door) but was obvious the vent was caulked and screwed and did not want to come off without possible damage. These rod holders are very solid - no worries using them to troll. If I knew how to post a picture I would.

Shortround
2007 360 express