366 Pic.

tbyrne

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Engines Down

I thought it was better to travel with engines down. They look awfully close to the ground.

On my boat, I can't get a transom saver device to fit so I always put the engine down.

What really is best ? I have a Tournament 190 with a 140 Suzuki. Should I make a custom transom saver or keep it down ?

Thanks

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It looks better in the pic than the drawings on the site.

They switched over to powder coated instead on anidized for the rocket launchers... When did this happen?

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Was wondering when my 366 was going to arrive from NC, to think I am paying that guy $2 per mile to bring it to NJ, I hope he was driving North.. :wink:

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Since they got rid of the the alum in the hardtop, makes sense the seat frame goes powder coat. The hardtop support may actually be aluminum but powder coated.

Nice molded up hardtop, no more bolt on boxes.

And the F350 tripples do look (unusually) non-imposing.

Wait until Nothing-Else-Matters sees this, next season we will see his 33 footer in the for sale/wanted section!

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
BobP said:
Since they got rid of the the alum in the hardtop, makes sense the seat frame goes powder coat. The hardtop support may actually be aluminum but powder coated.

Nice molded up hardtop, no more bolt on boxes.

And the F350 tripples do look (unusually) non-imposing.

Wait until Nothing-Else-Matters sees this, next season we will see his 33 footer in the for sale/wanted section!

Bob, i saw the picture and i think i will wait a little for the big mama(42?) :wink:

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Bama96 said:
Yamaha says use these. May be something similar for a Suzuki but I am sure the Yamaha would work for you.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/ac ... etail.aspx
You can get these factory direct @ m-ywedge.com. I have one for my Tournament 225 w/F250TXR. I trailer it all the time and these things really work. Just don't put it on the same side as the zerk fitting which is the starboard side on my motor.

GulfGrady

Reaction score
capt chris said:
Bama96 said:
Yamaha says use these. May be something similar for a Suzuki but I am sure the Yamaha would work for you.

You can get these factory direct @ m-ywedge.com. I have one for my Tournament 225 w/F250TXR. I trailer it all the time and these things really work. Just don't put it on the same side as the zerk fitting which is the starboard side on my motor.
Why?

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GulfGrady said:
capt chris said:
Bama96 said:

Why?
Because it hits the zerk fitting if you do. The price is also better from M-y wedge also.

GulfGrady

Reaction score
If you look it doesn't come in contact with the zerk fitting on the F250. I have used 2 My-Wedges on each motor for 2 years now. I feel it offers more support than just the one.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GulfGrady said:
If you look it doesn't come in contact with the zerk fitting on the F250. I have used 2 My-Wedges on each motor for 2 years now. I feel it offers more support than just the one.
I'm just following the instructions that the M-y wedge people gave me. They also told me that one wedge on the port ram was sufficient. I think it mentions this on their web site.