4 bladed props on 360 Express

Shortround

Reaction score
I have a 2007 360 express with triple 250 engines with the stock 3 blade props provided from the factory. I was wondering if anyone have thoughts/experience with 4 bladed props on these engines and boat. Good/bad - no difference in performance? I was told that the economy would get better, the hole shot would get better but the top end would suffer. I have no idea and don't want to experiment with new expensive props.
Currently the boat runs fine with the factory props but wouldn't mind picking up some better economy if possible. Speed is not that important due to the fact we never run hard to begin with - 28-30 MPH cruise.

Thanks,
Shortround

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
can't help with the 360, but i put a set of 4 blades on my 330 last year (f350's). the top end lowered a few mphs. i don't do "hole shots" but the low end torque significantly increased. it will hold plane at lower rpms. most importantly for me, they bite like a pit bull :mrgreen: . very hard to make them ventilate. i ran tight "S" turns at high speed (not wot) and they never left the water. great in following seas. i did not see an increase in mpg, rather a slight nick; but not an issue considering my gains.

since you're running 250's, maybe there are some used 4's that you can mount and try out. good luck, ron

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
Shortaround, So, I have the same boat you do, and last year changed out to the 4 blades. hole shot way better, it holds way better in a following see, I did loose about 2 mph on the top end (which i never used anyway) and picked up a little better then 15% in fuel economy. went from a season avg of .68 to .82 mpg. Power Tech props- talk to Marcus over there. Expensive for 3 new props but last year I shipped my boat to Florida, then ran it to the Bahamas, then back the inter coastal water way to Delaware. Big trip, lots of miles and lots of gas( I used about 3800 gallons! for the season) . I figured with the increase in full economy I paid for them this past year. trolling is a little quicker with the 4 blades so I run a little lower RMP. plus it seems to back better! I wish I had done it with the initial purchase of the boat- but that said, it is wonderful upgrade to the power package. I can get 5900RPM out at WOT, so it fits all the requirement from Yamaha. And if I run it at 3400RPM, light load, trim it up, calm seas, I have seen that Yamaha gauge register 1.0 mpg! I went with the 151/4 X 17 props.

Shortround

Reaction score
Thanks Elyse, Black Pearl for the info. I did contact power tech regarding the props - just $500 per !! I think I will look into it further

Thanks
Shortround