4200 panda

corvette

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Any idea which of my 4 batteries are for the generator it only starts if I push start and override and Immediately stalls

MA208

Reaction score
Port battery bank and switch.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
On my 2007 330, the starboard battery switch controls the feed to the generator starter. Either battery bank can be selected by that switch to start the generator.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't know the layout of your battery bank but if the engine cranks and starts you have proper power. The override switch must be continued to be held in until the oil pressure builds up after start-up or the engine will die. If you release it at the same time you release the "crank" switch, the engine will die. If after you are sure you have oil pressure and the engine dies, then the override switch itself is suspect. If that system is on a used boat that you bought then the previous owner could had screwed up the system by altering either the wiring or the switch. Familiarize yourself with the system and it should be easy to make it work properly. The override switch is usually a small unit screwed into the side of the block with two wires going to it. If your unit has any exterior tubing carrying oil pressure then the override switch could be screwed into a tee in a tubing.