$5,300 out the door

Little KaTuna

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Went to my local Grady/yamaha dealer and arranged to purchase a new f225 short block for my boat or so I thought .I spoke to the parts guy matt told him what I wanted and he said he would sell it to me for $5,300 dollars out the door so I said great.I went to the bank picked up a bank check made out to the dealer for 2,500 and took 2,800 cash with me to pay for the block.I go back two days later with cash and check in hand we go over details as to what I was purchasing and he starts to ring it up and says $5,300 plus tax and I said what happened to 5,300 out the door, he says I misunderstood him he has to add the tax. What part of 5,300 out the door did he not understand :-| he then says let me call you later im going to see if we can meet halfway on the cost of tax difference. the next morning I get a phone call from a different person saying that they wont sell it to me for any less than 5,300 plus tax :hmm :hmm

Deep Blue

Reaction score
Sometimes the best thing is to say, ok, no problem, I'll find one elsewhere. Sounds like there's a lack of communication between the people at the dealer.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I agree with you, it should be $5.3K in total. That being said, you know their position so you either need to buy it or walk. It sux but not much more you can gain out of this transaction so no point in making it worse. Just my 2 pennies.

Little KaTuna

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Fishtales said:
I agree with you, it should be $5.3K in total. That being said, you know their position so you either need to buy it or walk. It sux but not much more you can gain out of this transaction so no point in making it worse. Just my 2 pennies.
I walked away and ordered it from another source $5.2K to my door only problem is it wont be available till mid july. Oh well it is what it is