7/6 hudson Canyon Report

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I was planning to run Wed on my boat but had a tough time getting an experienced crew together last min so I jumped onboard my buddies boat in the marina and set sail at 3am on Tues. We got to the Hudson at 6:30 and set lines in at the E end of the letters, water was 69 degrees and blue/green, only 1 mahi to show for the first hour. Convinced my buddy to run out east a little more so we picked up and ran to find a fleet of 8 boats all picking at nice yellowfin. Water was 72-74 degrees and cobalt blue. It took us an hour to key in on the fish but we ended up going 4 for 6 on 50-70lb yellowfin before the bite died. We added 2 more mahi to the catch then around 2pm we made a run to the tile grounds and put 21 tiles in the boat in under an hour, it was drop and reel fishing. All in all a great day out there and we managed to put a decent catch together. If we keyed in on the tuna bite sooner we could have possibly put a real beating on the fish..there's always next time!!! Hoping to get back out late next week or early the following week.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
July6-3.jpg

Catch photo!!

ninodog10309

Reaction score
NICE REPORT !

Where's your slip, I your from Port Monmouth. Im having Port Monmouth do my 1000 hr service.. I just moved to Matwan NJ a year ago. Just bought a boat in October Grady White 257 Advance. I will be docking at Browns Point Marina in the spring.