'82-ish Offshore/Weekender V-berth width ?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Silly me, I measured the 'ledge' where a filler cushion board would set in the v-berth (to make the v-berth into a full bed). A quick winter project is to make a filler board and then have a filler cushion (along with new v-berth cushions)made. I wrote down the length of ledge, but I neglected (even though I measured it 3 times) to write down what the width of a board would need to be. The boat is 'put away' in Maine and I am in PA. If any of you with an 82-ish (I assume they're probably all the same for at least a few years) Offshore or Weekender has EASY access to your boat... Would you mind measuring it for me? Please do not go out of your way or make a special trip to do this. Thanks!

rcgtsport

Reaction score
went in garage i have two cushions with wood support in the bottom of them. one is 22x183/4-19 the other is 22x23 3/4. i'll still double check tommorow.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Excellent... 22"... thank you very much!!! Speaking of the length... do they fit snugly front to back? I wrote down a total length of 43", but your actual pieces are less. Would you say that the wood bottom is 3/4" or 1/2"?

rcgtsport

Reaction score
bottoms like like 3/4. i also measured 22x43 in the boat today. front corners are round back are square (or round them off to be flippable) dont remember how tight they fit.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Thank you, so much! That tells me exactly what I need to know. I did make a front corner radius template - as you mentioned it's rounded. I'm good to go - thanks!

lime4x4

Reaction score
You should've pm'ed me and i could've went over to the boat and got the measurements for ya

lime4x4

Reaction score
it's no problem. If u need to see something your more then welcome to come over and look at the boat if need be