84 197 Tournament deck drains

84grady197

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Morning all!

I know this subject has been covered very well. From everyone’s posts I’ve decided to replace my very old and dry hoses with 1 1/2” sanitary hose. Ordered new scupper through hulls. Now all I need is the deck drains. Having a hell of a time sourcing these. They aren’t terrible and may keep them if I can’t find something that will work. They are a narrow flat flange (2”). Looked high and low. Anyone here in Belleville (Ontario) area looks at me like I have two heads.
does anybody know what Grady would have used way back then? Or has anybody done a similar vintage with a similar fitting? I’m pretty sure that all the 19 tournaments from that era drained the same regardless of drive type. Any insight would be appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Can’t help on the drains, but since you have them out, take one with you when you buy hose. I started with inch and a half sanitation hose for my replacement, but it was too large to clamp down leakproof on the fitting. I ended up using inch and a quarter sanitation hose and flaring the end just a bit with a heat gun.
Let’s see a picture of the deck, where the drains fit. If you have room for a wider flange, that is the way to go. How many are you replacing?

Last edited:

TeK

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I went with a stainless thru hull fitting, turned the od down to match what your looking for. Didn’t want to go plastic.ECC58FD9-F432-45CC-8788-041C935B25A3.jpeg

84grady197

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Can’t help on the drains, but since you have them out, take one with you when you buy hose. I started with inch and a half sanitation hose for my replacement, but it was too large to clamp down leakproof on the fitting. I ended up using inch and a quarter sanitation hose and flaring the end just a bit with a heat gun.
Let’s see a picture of the deck, where the drains fit. If you have room for a wider flange, that is the way to go. How many are you replacing?
Will try post a pic when I get the boat back from shop. Not much room for bigger flange though. Already holds a small amount back on the lip. Any bigger and more water will sit.