84 Trophy Pro

DaveT

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum. I am in the process of purchasing a 1984 Trophy Pro 257. Is there anything other than the transom that I should scrutinize while looking at it? From what I understand it's all sound, fuel tanks are good, and electrical system is up to par. It has twin Evinrude Ocean Pro's on it (pre-ficht). So I'm just looking for advice so I don't make a mistake. I won't tell you what I'm planning to pay for it until after I buy it (hoping it's not too good to be true for the price). Any advice you experienced Grady owners can give this rookie would be appreciated! Thanks,

Dave

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Check the hatches, if they weren't redone they're probably shot.

Check the screw holes for the hatches. If they weren't sealed well the wood is probably shot and hopefully not that far down.

To be safe, get a survey and have a sea trial part of the closing.

DaveT

Thanks Grog,

I've been a boat owner for most of my adult life, but this is my first Grady (potentially). For what the guy wants for it, I'm not afraid to do some minor work, but I don't want to have to rebuild the entire boat. I know that all boats have their particular things to check and I appreciate the info. I am anxious to have a chance to own a great boat like a Grady! If things check out, within the next two weeks, and I can get the boat from New York to Maine, I'll be shark fishing in no time!!! Good year for sharks offshore in Maine! I appreciate your reply, and any other info that anyone else can offer me.

Thanks,

Dave