86 19' Tournament

jwebb

Reaction score
86%20Grady_1.JPG

I just upgraded with a 2007 150 Evinrude E-Tec....the boat flies

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Lookin Good!

Hello JW! Your boat is looking good! The E-Tec looks right at home and I bet you do have good performance. My friend GW VOYAGER would probably like to hear about the E-Tec. What engine did you previously have? GW VOYAGER is running a 225 Ocean Runner and has mentioned his interest in the E-Tec engines several times. We are both big fans of all the older Gradys. Yours looks classic! 8)

jwebb

Reaction score
Jumpin.....The boat (when i purchased it) had a 1994 Johnson 150HP 2-stroke. I had numerous problems this past summer, so I decided to upgrade. I decided to stay with the 2-stroke because of weight. I've always owned 2-strokes, so I'm not sure of all the advantages of a 4-stroke. I do know the same HP motor (4-stroke...Honda, Yamaha, Mercury) weighed as much as 100lbs more. My old Johnson was 385lbs, this motor is 410lbs. Also I bought the motor this past fall, new old stock (2007), and got an excellent deal, based on new (2009)prices. The motor is quiet, doesn't burn a lot of oil (after the break-in period - 10 hours), and its fast!

I've also seen a few threads concerning scupper location....that was one of the reasons I went with the lightest (new) motor I could purchase. My scuppers are just above the water line....the only thing I don't like about the boat. As for classic....this is my dream boat, and perfect for tooling around in the back bays near/around Ocean City, MD.

tibeachguy

Reaction score
Boat looks great! Best decision to stay with the 2-stroke for your boat. I'm curious about the history of your boat. When and where did you buy it originally?

jwebb

Reaction score
I bought the boat on the Eastern Shore of Md this past year.....it has lived on a trailer the last 7-8 years. The boat was used mainly on the Chester River/Chesapeake Bay. My plan is to put in a boat lift this year or next year, depending on money. It won't be left in the water....just during the weekends.

jwebb

Reaction score
No....if you are wondering why the Blue cowling....the engine is a short 20"shaft, long shaft 25" motors have a White cowling.

richie rich

Reaction score
Actually, I was wondering more about the use of a fresh water motor in the Bay.....I'd be big on hosing and flushing it down after every use since its a FW engine....just for extra protection. Otherwise, it looks like a great package....I'm jealous