87 Seafarer photo or info needed

87228G

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 87 Seafarer 228G. I was able to locate the original owner of the boat who told me there was a fresh water wash down behind the passenger seat. It is not there now. Does anyone have thisoption on there Seafarer that could help me with a photo and maybe a manufacturer of that part so I can install it again.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Sully4755

Reaction score
I have a 1989 228G and my washdown pump is in the rear port compartment where the oil tank is. I just replaced mine with a Jabsco 4 GPM 60 psi pump from BOE Marine. He has the best price on these pumps. Is is mounted to the front of this compartment. You should see 4 screws from the deck side.

Sully4755

Reaction score
I'm sorry, you said fresh water washdown. My 89 does not have fresh water washdown. It has a seacock that you open and uses the ocean or river water for washdown. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
As always the best place to start is the Grady website. They have a copy of the original catalog for your boat under the resources section. It will have some pictures and list options. You can also download owners manuals and some wiring and plumbing diagrams.

Reaction score
I have an 85 seafarer with the gunwale mounted fresh water system. It is swing out faucet to wash your hands with. The fill neck is located below and in front of the port side seat. The 8.5 galllon tank is under the floor that covers the foward auxiliary fuel tank. The pump is in line with the switch at the faucet. Maybe this is what you are looking for?

87228G

Reaction score
lodgecreekgrady said:
I have an 85 seafarer with the gunwale mounted fresh water system. It is swing out faucet to wash your hands with. The fill neck is located below and in front of the port side seat. The 8.5 galllon tank is under the floor that covers the foward auxiliary fuel tank. The pump is in line with the switch at the faucet. Maybe this is what you are looking for?

Thanks for the response. My tank is in the rear of the boat and the pump was mounted next to the tank. It was definately the original pump. I was actually able to locate a NOS 1.6gph PAR pump on EBAY. My tank is forward between the two seat platforms with no aux tank,although it is rigged for one.
But yes, if you would not mind emailing me a photo( lmarchese@bellsouth.net ) of that gunwale mounted system I would greatly appreciate it.

I did visit the Grady Dealer near me and was able to locate the fiberglass piece that the faucet mounts to,

Thanks again

87228G

Reaction score
Bob's Cay said:
As always the best place to start is the Grady website. They have a copy of the original catalog for your boat under the resources section. It will have some pictures and list options. You can also download owners manuals and some wiring and plumbing diagrams.

Thank you!!!