89' 242 Offshore bulkhead replacement,and total rewire

toolguy73

Reaction score
Very nice work. Great pictures for history.

I've gone through similar projects in the four years I've owned mine.
New bulkheads (I used a teak laminate over epoxied plywood) and new teak this year. Electric, hardtop, and fuel lines in 05. Electronics in 06. Can't remember 07 right now.

The bracket and the dash is next.

Cover your ground buss bars with di-electric grease. I have the same ones. If you don't, they will get ugly. Experience...............

Jimmy knows what he's doing.

Thanks for a great post.

whitey

Reaction score
i just read this.nice work there kid,looks real clean.jimmy works on my boat,he does fantastic work,no wonder he's allways busy.i'm sure alot of members miss his advice on here.

dowplunger

Reaction score
cdwood: I'd like to see what the cockpit carpet alternative looks like - I'm in the midst of changing mine and trying to figure out what to put there. Bill

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Dow, don't have any pics that focus on the cockpit walls but can get some easy enuff. E-mail me at cdwood8458@yahoo.com and i'll get you some. Found a nice blue indoor/outdoor carpet that I like. 3M super adhesive works great.

bernie

Reaction score
Is it possible to give an approx. costing of the wire parts after all was said and done? I am thinking of doing the same thing and it would be nice to get a rough idea from someone that has already been there.
Thanks, and your wiring job looks great!
Bernie

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
In all electrical how much did this cost you if you dont mind me asking. Also was the bulkhead hard to pull out?

neal58cobra

Reaction score
great job

Great Job!! Looks very good. Where did you get the hose for the transom to engine with the fuel bulb. That looks clean. I need to do that to mine. Thanks

JeffN

Reaction score
Looks great! Wonderful work. One question if I may - How did you fasten the companion way door jambs to the Starboard?
Thanks