9/4/22 SoCal Fishing

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Well we went out this past weekend, 9/4/22, and put 5 more dodos in the boat. A buddy told me to bleed the fish head down into a bucket, they still thrash like crazy but definitely makes clean up easier.

We also hooked a 6-7 foot mako, made an incredible 10 foot jump that scared the hell out of another boat next to us. Fought that shark for ten minutes and thankfully it broke the leader, 30 on spectra.

For the SoCal folks, we were at the 209, I also saw yellowfin tuna there but could not get them to go.

Looks like rain this weekend.....

JJMag

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Well we went out this past weekend, 9/4/22, and put 5 more dodos in the boat. A buddy told me to bleed the fish head down into a bucket, they still thrash like crazy but definitely makes clean up easier.

We also hooked a 6-7 foot mako, made an incredible 10 foot jump that scared the hell out of another boat next to us. Fought that shark for ten minutes and thankfully it broke the leader, 30 on spectra.

For the SoCal folks, we were at the 209, I also saw yellowfin tuna there but could not get them to go.

Looks like rain this weekend.....
Very nice Report thank !
Your friend is right about putting them in a bucket for them to bleed!

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
A buddy told me to bleed the fish head down into a bucket, they still thrash like crazy but definitely makes clean up easier.
That's what I use the port side livewell for... Pop a gill, throw the fish in and keep the pump running. That bleeds them out pretty well and the constant water change keeps them from sitting in a pool of blood.

I was planning on going out next weekend until I saw the forecast. Yesterday the forecast offshore for Friday afternoon was sustained wind 33 knots, gusts to 50... but today it's down to 32 knots with gusts to 45... haha

Should be interesting. We don't get hurricane remnants very often...

Reactions: Sdfish

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
That's what I use the port side livewell for... Pop a gill, throw the fish in and keep the pump running. That bleeds them out pretty well and the constant water change keeps them from sitting in a pool of blood.

I was planning on going out next weekend until I saw the forecast. Yesterday the forecast offshore for Friday afternoon was sustained wind 33 knots, gusts to 50... but today it's down to 32 knots with gusts to 45... haha

Should be interesting. We don't get hurricane remnants very often...

Great idea - I need to give that a try!

Reactions: JJMag