'92 Sportbridge question

OnTheBeach

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
"1992 Grady White 255 sailfish sport bridge
twin 200hp suzuki (1999) with stainless steel props - less than 500 hrs."
$22,500 no trailer)
Bow pulpit, trim tabs, older electronics. Is this a fair price?

I'm overwhelmed by the amount and range of Grady's out there for sale.
At this stage, I'm thinking of waiting for the end of the season. (I'm in MA)

Perhaps I should go newer, and smaller for starters? I'd like to spend $20-25,000. A weekend boat for my wife and I- no blue water trips.
Thanks in advance.

Tommyboy

Reaction score
92' 25 Sailfish

OnTheBeach ... If you and the wife are planning to 'spend' the weekend on the boat .. the 25 Sailfish is the smallest Grady you'll want to look at ... space wise for a 25' boat it has the enclosed head and the aft cabin .. any smaller I think you might be sorry .... ...we bought a a 92' Sailfish in April 2008, it's a GREAT boat .. but we also have a 10 yr old son so .....It is now for sale .... we need more space ... if it were just the 2 of us it would be perfect ..... Just my 2 cents ...... Good luck!

Tom

richie rich

Reaction score
OTB...If this is just a day cruiser and fishing boat, its a great size.....big enough to handle anything from Gloucester to P-town and Stellwagon Bank will be great fishing..and small enough to manuever the coves of the North and South shores......BUT, if you're looking for a couples sleeping quarters at weekend gatherings you may want to look larger......I'm 6-2 and my 25 is too small for weekend trips where you're sleeping aboard...I have done it...but its not comfortable at all.....my feet are basically hanging in the sink and it will be tight for the 2 of you....although, that can be a good thing!!....anyway, since you got 2 months left of the season for crusin' in Beantown...you may want to look around for a 30 footer....you won't be disappointed and neither will your family. The deals are out there.....and remember...the older 25's have the same room as the newer 28's....so go for the 30 if you can afford it. Also, if your're on a budgit, hold back around 2k for getting the boat into seaworthy shipshape...any boat over 15 years WILL need updating on wear items such as hoses, batteries, some maintenance items etc...Good Luck....let us know what you find