94 208 adventure clean up

Aiiezzi

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Sdfish thanks this has deff been a turn and burn for sure, but I can’t wait to get her on the water, got my vhf installed yesterday wired in, I did all the final hose connections for the thru hulls got my old garmin unit mounted and wires ran(just have to connect to the fuse block) my gimble Mount for the fusion radio is supposed to show up today, and my mast light tomorrow, I also picked up my racor fuel water separator I plan I have to pick up a back up filter for it still to keep on the boat just Incase, for the maiden voyage. When I pumped my tank I only got about 2 gallons of water out of the tank but she wasn’t full either when she went down. She had 3/4 a tank, and that’s what was in her when I got her. I’m gonna level her out tomorrow and pump some more before I put the racor on there. Hopefully get some more out if it’s in there

Aiiezzi

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I also have one more deck pie plate to replace I’m just waiting for the last cockpit thru hull to arrive so I can get that all done also hopefully will be here tomorrow

Divajean

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I also have one more deck pie plate to replace I’m just waiting for the last cockpit thru hull to arrive so I can get that all done also hopefully will be here tomorrow
Congrats on your grady, I changed all my thru hulls on my 91 to be safe, pumped my tank out ,new filters,still see a little water,where'd you get that switch panel,looks sharp,gonna change mine next

Aiiezzi

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Divajean I ordered it from new wire marine, I’m thinking of designing one for the gauge cluster also,

Reactions: Divajean

Aiiezzi

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Well I ended up ordering a new vhf radio because mine fried upon start up. But took her on the maiden voyage and man did she run like a top! I’ve never ran grady or even stepped foot on one, I was raised on running Robalos and a defiant cat! But she is smooth and planes in no time! But here is a pic of how I mounted the vhf and stereo I still have to cut the speaker holes and fish the wire and connect the stereo

Attachments

• 1F540528-BC0A-4298-9E05-716209E80F63.jpeg
    1F540528-BC0A-4298-9E05-716209E80F63.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Good to hear she ran like a top - They do get up on plane pretty quickly these 208's.
Curious why you didn't mount the radio in the radio box?

Aiiezzi

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
The vhf or the stereo? The vhf was originally where it’s mounted so I figured keep it there and my fusion radio is all Bluetooth anyway so I can control it from my phone. Also I plan on picking up another helix 5 so I have one as a dedicated sounder and the other as a gps/plotter so I figured keep them together and out of the weather

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
The vhf or the stereo? The vhf was originally where it’s mounted so I figured keep it there and my fusion radio is all Bluetooth anyway so I can control it from my phone. Also I plan on picking up another helix 5 so I have one as a dedicated sounder and the other as a gps/plotter so I figured keep them together and out of the weather

LOL...
Actually I was referring to the VHF. Didnt even see the other radio there till I took a second look.
Cant tell you how many times I've done what you did, replace something and put it back just how it was, only to wonder a short time later why. But it looks like you have plans for the radio box anyway :)

Good luck and keep us posted on your Adventure - :)

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
when I bought my boat the previous owner had mounted the vhf in the path of the throttle... Could never it out, you were not able to get to get to full rpm with it in that position. I ended moving it lower in the picture. The little black mount in the previous position holds me autopilot transponder.

Attachments

• helm.jpg
    helm.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 5

Aiiezzi

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I know it’s been quite some time since I posted, I only had the opportunity to run her a few times, I ended up pulling the lower to do a water pump and seal kit in the lower, the last time I had it out she started throwing a hot code and going into limp mode, I also replaced the temp sensors in the power head for good measure. I have yet to run her since work has been beating me up! But since I have to work the week in sea isle city I’m gonna drag her down with me and go run! See if I can get fishy after work lol

Aiiezzi

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
But now I have my eye on another 208 in Rhode Island it’s a 96 with a hard top and a 16 Yamaha f150 for a steal of course she went down also