'94 Adventure fuel tank capacity

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Just an extra piece of info I dug up relating to my original response about the 98 gallon possibility based on a British forum
The forum stated the tank as being 373 liters. 373 liters in US measurement system works out to 82 gallons but 373 liters in Imperial measurement system equals about 98 gallons.I didn't know it before but an imperial liter is larger than a non-imperial liter. Does all this extra info help? Nah but I though we an alternative direction to ponder in this thread:)
Now you've done it, seasick! Haha. There's no such thing as an imperial liter. Liters are liters since the metric system actually makes sense. There are, however, US liquid gallons, US dry gallons, and Imperial (UK) gallons... so to make things even more confusing...

373 Litres to Gallons

UK gallon (imperial):

373 litres (L) ≈ 82.04881 gallons (gal)

US Dry Gallon:

373 litres (L) ≈ 84.67846 us dry gallons

US Liquid Gallon:

373 litres (L) ≈ 98.53541 us lqd gallons

Now I'm completely confused... how big is the fuel tank in a 208???

My guess is the fuel tank is 82 US liquid gallons, which would actually make it 311 liters and someone in that British forum didn't realize there is a difference between UK gallons and US gallons. ;)

Last edited:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It feels as though you did the same thing in that you PERCEIVED my post to be negative/unhelpful as well. Which wasn't my intention either. I guess I wouldn't have even bothered responding, if all I was going to do was to tell them to go elsewhere, especially with a brand new member, as that just feels rather chintzy. If it takes a few extra seconds out of my day to help out said new member, gives them some reason to come back, maybe recommend the site to one of their friend's, etc... then it's no skin off my back. Even if it wasn't a newer member and they still had questions that could be found elsewhere, I'd still likely take the extra few seconds to answer their question and link to where I found it, or just not respond at all. I do the same thing with the Wanted/For Sale section of the forum where people are looking for boats and I take a couple minutes to find a few that might help them out. Either way, I've said my piece and there's no use in further derailing a thread, good day.
I'd give you a dollar to buy a clue, but I don't think it'd be enough.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
It continues to amaze me how “veteran” forum members will take more time responding to a brand new members question by sending them elsewhere when it would take them less time to just give them the answer/information they’re looking for. Perhaps the OP didn’t realize the answer or previous models/years of brochures could be found on the GW website, hence why he asked the question? I admittedly didn’t realize that either when I first joined the forum here, as I’m guessing most probably don’t. To RI Adventure, the answer to your question is that the original fuel tank had a capacity of 82 gallons, per the GW website. Welcome aboard, ask as many questions as you’d like since we don’t have a ton of traffic on here or anything, a whopping 10 posts spanning 6 threads for the entirety of the day yesterday in the “General Discussion” part of the forum… if my math is correct.

I disagree. There is a lot of information on this site, available from GW customer service and the old brochures. The internet and this site are full of unqualified opinions and incorrect know-it-all answers. Every member (every internet user for that matter) has to sort out who is responding and the quality of the answer. Generally I would say the Great Grady community generates quality responses. My point is help people answer their own question. It means more to them than you answering it for them. Too often the question has already been answered but they are too lazy to look for the answer.

Reactions: magicalbill

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Too often the question has already been answered but they are too lazy to look for the answer.
Duly noted... if that's the vibe that we're aiming for then I guess I'll just start responding by telling everyone to figure out the answers to their questions on their own, whether they're new or not :D

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Duly noted... if that's the vibe that we're aiming for then I guess I'll just start responding by telling everyone to figure out the answers to their questions on their own, whether they're new or not :D
But that is not what was done. The information to easily find the information was provided - which is a perfectly valid way of helping. I did not KNOW the answer off the top of my head so helped by showing him where he can find the answer... I fell like this has been said/explained many times... is this a new version of Groundhog Day?

• Haha
Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
But that is not what was done. The information to easily find the information was provided - which is a perfectly valid way of helping. I did not KNOW the answer off the top of my head so helped by showing him where he can find the answer... I fell like this has been said/explained many times... is this a new version of Groundhog Day?
Great movie, but no. You told the OP to go to another website and look up the answer for himself, great job! Which again, why even bother responding at that point? Funny how you can spare a couple of minutes typing up a response that doesn't answer the OP's question and that ultimately might not even help him find the answer he's looking for. Yet you can't spare an extra minute or so to find the answer, link it and provide it in your reply. But again, I digress and will let you have the last word. Good day.

Last edited:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Great movie, but no. You told the OP to go to another website and look up the answer for himself, great job! Which again, why even bother responding at that point? Funny how you can spare a couple of minutes typing up a response that doesn't answer the OP's question and that ultimately might not even help him find the answer he's looking for. Yet you can't spare an extra minute or so to find the answer, link it and provide it in your reply. But again, I digress and will let you have the last word. Good day.
Why you can't see there are multiple ways to be helpful is beyond me. No one way is the best. That's a very closed-minded viewpoint.

• Haha
Reactions: Mustang65fbk